Second Skin Audio

Can I do this with (4) 18's?

Hrmmm...those still arent screenshots. :pardon::acute:

take a closer look ;)

epic lols

they are screenshots btw.. pictures of screenshots .. a picture within a picture.. INCEPTION

Thinking outside the box you are.

Did someone really sketchup steves tahoe?

Lol

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Looks like 07^ body style door panels too

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Did someone really sketchup steves tahoe?

Lol

I was thinking the same! LOL

Only its not properly portioned, and missing the meade cherry paint, must be an old sketchup lol

This sketchup was made before his last rebuild.

It says "you will need two woofers vs. one and the output will be the same."

This means that (2) of my 18's in this configuration will have the same output as (1) 18" is a standard configuration?

From my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong, Isobaric enclosures are used when you don't have a lot of room to work with. For instance, in a single cab pick up, if you wanted to have a 18" in there, you obviously wouldn't have enough room for the enclosure. So you build a box 1/2 the size and make it isobaric, as to get the equivilent output of 1 18 with full box volume.

Yup. Coupling the drivers doubles the moving mass, and in turn does reduce the size of the enclosure. This design requires double the power for almost the same output... you lose a little in the coupling effect. Generally speaking, Isobaric loading is more for SQ than SPL.

Isobaric face to face is a great way to overcome irregularities in linearity in subwoofers by making the irregularities cancel each other out, and having so much coil vs so little cone area makes for excellent transients cone control. Sometimes you can fit larger subs in areas you'd normally have to go smaller because of the smaller enclosures...

Isobaric motor to face just seems goofy as hell to me.

just my .02

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.