hi everyone, i dont have any experience in making something cutsom like this and would like to know how you guys would make something to fit this... the only ones already made cost over 150 bucks and are chrome or wood grain haha. i need mine to be just black and cost like 40 bucks... here is the dash hole. and if you notice its on an angle towards the front of the car and down and the side are also angled. let me know if you need any more info.

image52.gif

i need something like this... but how would i go about making it?

NovaStereo2.jpg

and i know i could do this but i dont want it to stick out like that. its not very clean...

IMG_2392.jpg

Edited by JaM Customs aka mprete

hi everyone, i dont have any experience in making something cutsom like this and would like to know how you guys would make something to fit this... the only ones already made cost over 150 bucks and are chrome or wood grain haha. i need mine to be just black and cost like 40 bucks... here is the dash hole. and if you notice its on an angle towards the front of the car and down and the side are also angled. let me know if you need any more info.

image52.gif

easy. make you a template out of carboard, then order some ABS plastic from ebay big enough for the hole, and make your own. there are always other mounting options if you are open to them, like under dash or in the glove box, or building a console to house it. check my build link in my sig and around page 4 or 5 i think, you will see how i did mine

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

Cuz a piece of wood....BAM you have your template.

Some fiberglass to make it look nice. Or maybe some bedliner to give it a mean look since you're building in an old school muscle car.

EDIT: the unit in the car with blue sticks out too. I think there's just about no way to make it flush unless you want you HU facing down or if you make that whole dash piece stick out or cut the top part and push it back so it won't have that angle.

Edited by Berto

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

the middle one looks like its made of wood to me, you should be able to handle that pretty easily

1969 Chevy Chevelle

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

EDIT: the unit in the car with blue sticks out too. I think there's just about no way to make it flush unless you want you HU facing down or if you make that whole dash piece stick out or cut the top part and push it back so it won't have that angle.

i dont think so, at least not enough to notice. thats why the center is recessed, to level it out, but also to set it back into the dash

1969 Chevy Chevelle

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

yea i can make one from wood, i just wasnt sure how that would hold up but i guess if i fiberglass it then it would be stronger. and i like that blue one cuz it sits flat and is more flush than the last one. but i think i have a pretty good idea on what to do now.

also about the "other options" i am going to build a custom console that goes from the floor up to the dash and i am going to put a nice double din in that but that wont be till next year sometime. this is just kind of a temporary set up and thats why i dont want to spend to much money on it. i have speakers and a radio laying around to use... but ill give the wood/fiberglass a try and show you what i figure out. thanks guys

i dont think so, at least not enough to notice. thats why the center is recessed, to level it out, but also to set it back into the dash

I had looked at it real quick so I missed it. But yeah the top of the little section with HU it pushed into the rest of the section that was made.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

ok so after a little messing around i think i got it. but i have one question. i no it sounds dumb but can you fiberglass over cardboard? this is what i made and it would be nice to just fiberglass it how it is and not have to use thicker material like wood.

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

and of course one of the car.

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

ok so after a little messing around i think i got it. but i have one question. i no it sounds dumb but can you fiberglass over cardboard? this is what i made and it would be nice to just fiberglass it how it is and not have to use thicker material like wood.

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0137.jpg

and of course one of the car.

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

Either that HU is gonna be facing down or the bottom part is going to be sticking out, possibly hanging.

And I wouldn't glass over cardboard unless you want to use a ton of fiberglass mesh.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

well if you notice the bezel around the face plate is on an angle. and the top is pushed into the cardboard a little to help also. you cant really tell but in the picture with me just holding it up in the car the radio is almost perfectly flat. faces down a little but not very noticeable. and other than having to use quite a bit of fiberglass is there any other downfall to covering the cardboard. i mean you can make a cast of something from fiberglass with no other support inside it so why cant i use the cardboard just as a guide for the glass to harden around? it sounds like it makes since. maybe not, im not sure. but i think im going to try it out tomorrow.