well if you notice the bezel around the face plate is on an angle. and the top is pushed into the cardboard a little to help also. you cant really tell but in the picture with me just holding it up in the car the radio is almost perfectly flat. faces down a little but not very noticeable. and other than having to use quite a bit of fiberglass is there any other downfall to covering the cardboard. i mean you can make a cast of something from fiberglass with no other support inside it so why cant i use the cardboard just as a guide for the glass to harden around? it sounds like it makes since. maybe not, im not sure. but i think im going to try it out tomorrow.

I didn't say it wouldn't work. I said you need to use a ton of fiberglass matt. Not just resin, you need to add matt to give that piece strength because of how it's being positioned and because it's gonna be holding some weight.

How to you plan on making that piece stay there?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Bro you have a nice car, don't cheap out on the radio, it's the details that set cars apart. Do it right and if you want it fiberglassed, made a wood frame and go from there like you are supposed to

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

well like i aid this is just temporary until i make my center counsel. but i dontwant to do that till i paint the car and put in new carpet and everything. if it looks like shit im going to try again. this is FAR from a show car. it looks good in that pic but from close up its got its issues. but i think i can make this work. the whole template and bezel and cage will be wrapped together which will keep it all in place (with the help of some gorilla glue :) but im going to wrap everything and fill in any dead space before its covered. then if it doesnt look good i can then use bondo or other body filler and cover the whole thing, sand it, and then paint it. trust me, i do things the right way when its all said and done. thats why i spent over 900 bucks to have my headliner done when they found out the roof supports were bent and had to be cut out and put back. instead of just having a saggy headliner. this is project and far from finished, but it sucks because i drive it a lot and i dont have any tunes! i have a similar box design that zx10intn has for his trunk, but its all going to be hidden. same shape though, and a little smaller. im going to try it out tomorrow and see what happens. if its bad i have another way to try where i make a whole mold and everything and use wood supports and stuff. but we will see what happens. thanks guys

ok so far so good. i got 2 layers done and i think thats all im going to do. i no it looks like shit now but tomorrow i will get it cut up into shape and get rid or all the excess, bondo, sand, primer, and paint. i had to work on another car today so didnt get to this project till late and didnt have anymore time to play with it. so here are some pictures, let me know what you think but go ez on me, this is my FIRST experience with fiberglass and this is still a very raw stage of the project. thanks

first layer

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

second layer

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

they sell an under dash mounting kit for about $20 its blacl plastic . thats what i had on my 63 nova. unless you or someone butchered the dash.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

no its not cut up but i hate those things. plus id have to drill holes for i and i dont want to do that...

ok so far so good. i got 2 layers done and i think thats all im going to do. i no it looks like shit now but tomorrow i will get it cut up into shape and get rid or all the excess, bondo, sand, primer, and paint. i had to work on another car today so didnt get to this project till late and didnt have anymore time to play with it. so here are some pictures, let me know what you think but go ez on me, this is my FIRST experience with fiberglass and this is still a very raw stage of the project. thanks

first layer

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

second layer

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0149.jpg

Looks like you wasted a ton of matt and resin by using it over the gap where the HU is going in. Other than that just clean it up, paint it, and you should be good to go.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Yea I no some got wasted but I have an 8x4 sheet of material and a quart of resen. I still have a ton left. But yea should be done today. Was as hard as a rock this morning before I left for work.

ok so its just about done. just painted it a little while ago so it will be dry and good for last coat tomorrow and i will install. i have a couple pics for you uploading. i just had one problem and that is that i had no good solid way to hold the top in so i had to use 2 screws on the outside which sucks but like i said its all temporary. this was just a way to really experience fiberglass and bondo and just have some fun with it. it still sits on a little angle down but it still looks much better than how it was. so here it is.

IMAG0152.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0158.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0160.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0162.jpg

will have finished product tomorrow