How many of you are in this same boat ??? >

So, now that I've got my new sub box up and running, I've been giving demo's to all of my friends, and enevitably, one of the first things they all come up with is, "Are you going to enter it in any stereo contests" ?

Well, I'm flattered that they think my system is nice enough that it might actually have a chance....

But then I have to explain to them that this is "not" an SPL system, and although it might sound loud to them, this is not even close to what many (or even most) of the systems that were built for straight up SPL, put out.

So next they say, "But it's so crystal clear".... Uhhhh.... well, again, I'm flattered, but compared to many (or again most) of the systems set up for straight up maximum SQ, my system is not even in the same league as those, either.

What I have is a really nice daily driver setup. It's pretty loud, and it's pretty clear > but it's just not in the running for any contests..... Except maybe in the SQL, below 2000wt category.... and since they might have about 3 entries, my odds might be pretty good :) So what could I win for that ? A shaved ice ? ;) LOL

Good thing I'm probably the least competitive guy on the planet in the first place :)

Peace,

Fish

PS, Funny thing is, if I hit the lotto, my system(s) would still probably end up falling just short of a comp winning SPL, 'or' SQ setup, as I'd still just have to be somewhere in between.

Thank you Freek.

And one other thing....

Any time "you think" your $#!+ is just the baddest, most bombastic on the planet (SPL, SQ, or whatever else), all you have to do is go surf the net for about a minute..... and then you will be like, "Who TF is SMD guy" ? F**K ! Maybe I should pick something else to compete in ! :) LOL

Peace,

Fish

I hear you bro! My (1) Kicker L5 12" makes some noise but nothing special... At all.

The middle is a damn good place to be IMO. I'm not much of an SPL guy anymore, been out of the loop a couple of years, and never really got into SQ that much. As long as it gets pretty loud, sounds good to you, and makes you happy who gives a shit how it would meter?

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

The middle is a damn good place to be IMO. I'm not much of an SPL guy anymore, been out of the loop a couple of years, and never really got into SQ that much. As long as it gets pretty loud, sounds good to you, and makes you happy who gives a shit how it would meter?

True, true. But I like to scare ppl and make girls wet. In my case scare ppl. :(

I tell most people i build boxes for, Well you drive in your car all most every day. How many comps you going to go to... Then they get the point why tune for just spl when you pound everyday...If they have a lil money to spend ill build them a removable port... I guess some people worry about what others think to much... As lone as you like it thats all that counts in my book... :drinks:

Daily down 2 pound works for me...

If you are ever satisfied, sounds like you gave up... Never Satisfied ~Team Ns~

i aim for the middle.

for example soon ill have a decent 3 way front stage with a wall behind me :) lol

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build