Sundown Audio

Changes In Bxi1606d

w87will

I have a Bxi1606D that I bought acouple years ago. Last week I bought another thinking it would be the same exact specs because Im running each one to their own sub and I want them to be exact. But when I got it they are alittle different.

Amp005.jpg

Amp004.jpg

Sub sonic is alittle different.

Bass EQ is different.

Also my God damn Bass remote wire is different size than the old one...

Will this be bad if I wanted them to power each sub the same? Should I try and return it and find an older one like the one I have?

The amp on the bottom is the newest version.

It has upgrades over the old one and is an all around better performing amp.

Will this effect the subs in anyway running both of these one on each sub, Since their not exactly the same? Also Im going to have to see if they make some kind of adapter to change the size of that remote wire....Cause I was going to splice into my other one so Only one Knob controlled both amps......You guys had to make this difficult for me huh? J/p Ill figure something out.

Well I went to homedepot and they dont sell anything that converts my 8 wire bass remote to a 6 wire...I guess thats not possible? Anyway to change this by opening up the amp and swaping some parts out? Or if there is anyother way to just use one bass knob to operate both amps. Thanks

The amp on the bottom is the newest version.

It has upgrades over the old one and is an all around better performing amp.

no offense because i know you represent the company, but i have experienced pretty much the same performance out of the 05 and 06 series.

would you care to elaborate on these "performance " changes

i've still yet to see one do rated power even at 14v

These amps are 2006 (top) and 2007 (bottom).

2007 also have the mounting feet as part of the end panel and not seperately installed.

The differances are a new and faster chip set on the driver board, new torroids (differant winding count), improved efficiency, plus they have the future capability of being linkable.

Performance to your ears is similar but electronicically and accoustically better.

Actually, at CES 2008 we are celebrating our Hifonics 25th Anniversary and will release a new look for Brutus and Zeus.

They will be silver (25th = silver anniversary) with black chrome end panels.

They will be identical the 2007 version with new cosmetics.

Sorry for the bass remote change on the 2006 to 2007 but it was an upgrade.

Edited by Team Maxxsonics John

2007 also have the mounting feet as part of the end panel and not seperately installed.

The differances are a new and faster chip set on the driver board, new torroids (differant winding count), improved efficiency, plus they have the future capability of being linkable.

Performance to your ears is similar but electronicically and accoustically better.

Actually, at CES 2008 we are celebrating our Hifonics 25th Anniversary and will release a new look for Brutus and Zeus.

So, No way possible to hook both remote wires to one knob huh? How bout I send you my 06 and we switch it out for an 07? haha

good to know, thanks for the informational post on this issue

So, No way possible to hook both remote wires to one knob huh? How bout I send you my 06 and we switch it out for an 07? haha

No.

I'm really sorry about that but the change to a new design was just abslutely necissary.

We have used that type of remote for many years and progress just had to happen.

Honestly, the bass remote should be set and forget anyway.

Most people do not even install them.