Second Skin Audio

I want the impossible... Is it possible??

This will be my first ever box/system Build. Planning everything out, instead of just throwing things together and trying to make them go boom boom shake.

Im working on a little 1990 Civic wagon.

94 Integra GSR Swap (out and being rebuilt)

B16 Tranny

75 Shot spray

Slammed as low as I can go, And still not nearly low enough.

15" ICW Black Tuner wheels (will be gone as soon as I can find something deeeeeeeeep for Cheeeap)

Full wire tucked e-Bay

Battery Relocated to the Trunk

170 Amp Alt

Ebay HID kits (Hi/Low)

And no form of Tunes at the moment... :-(

My plan for this car is every ricers dream:

Make it as light as possible

As fast as possible

As cool looking as possible

And as loud as possible!!!!

So with that said, I want a nice amount of Bump in the trunk, that takes up as little room as possible. Plus id like to remove it easily enough when going to the track.

Im really interested in doing a T-Line Box. But I cant decide if I want to do 10's or 12's...

Money is always an issue, and i only want to do this once.

I have a buddy selling a few 10" Hx2's and I want to know what is the smallest T-Line box that can be made for them? are they good candidates for a T? or should i look for something else? Im not going for competition, but I do want to be as loud as ppossible for a cheap a possible, using as little space as possible. (doesnt everybody? haha)

Last but not least, I would like to have the box be subs up, port back. And Im not sure how to do that with a T-Line, without taking up my whole trunk.

Any and all help would be appreciated!!

Thanks !!!!

The amount of wood inside a transmission line box is not going to be light either...

If you really want light do some 8s in ported boxes on either side of your hatch area.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

The amount of wood inside a transmission line box is not going to be light either...

If you really want light do some 8s in ported boxes on either side of your hatch area.

and use birch plywood.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Is there even a way to design a T-Line that can do Sub up, Port Back?

I havent seen a single one yet..

I wouldnt mind using some Hx2 8's... other that the whole "size Matters" thing.

Im not knocking on 8's, i just dont want to do all of this work and not be happy with the sound ya know?

i don't think you can go wrong with 10's with a proper box set up you can get a lot of beat out of them plus with a proper amp. considering the civic isn't that big you don't need to move that much air in the cabin. if you also get some mid bass speakers for the doors the acoustics will mix even better. an a isobaric set up would be a nice configuration for multiplying your sound in a even tighter space. good ideas you got hope it all works. I'm trying to be performance bound with my car aswell so im going with some lightweight speakers and a weight reduction.

Edited by MaxMays

epic 8s or RLi8s if you can find them would be good choices, they get low, they put out, and the RLi series subs work in really small ported enclosures.