Need help

As title says I need help Im going from my first budget build to my first real big build to me its big to you guys it probably a tiny system anyways I have a 2000 2 door cavalier not much room but I want to do a half wall for my Kicker solo x 18" sub is this possible the specs for the sub calls for a vented inclosure minimum 5.0cf and max 10cf so is it possible for me to get at least the minimum 5 out of my back seat. If anybody has a cavalier with build info please help.. THANKS

Link to first build remember first build ever not pretty next one will be better..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/116493-2000-chevy-cavalier/

Edited by DK99

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

I am pretty sure you could get around 7-8cubes out of a half wall in that thing... are you building inside the car or are you gonna try to build out of the car and then put it in? If you build it out of the car, good luck getting it in...unless you take out the front seats and center console. But thats not but 10bolts usually.

Either way, you should more than likely have an easy 10 cubes. How far up are you considering this half wall? do you want it shoulder level with your seats?

Good luck & take lots of pics.

Thats about all I got to contribute to this one!

EDIT: as long as you can get 48" wide ( dont know how wide the back seat is ) but I would assume its atleast 5ft wide. So 48" is only 4ft. You can do 48" wide x 24" ( 2ft ) tall x I wanna say around 24" deep and you will get 12cf.

So you should be able to fit it...unless that car is "coupe - e - er " than i remember.

Edited by rickyfromthe407

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

I'd see if n8 chimes in here. Maybe PM him. I know he's been inside of a Cavalier. Don't remember if it was a 2 door or a 4 door though.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I am pretty sure you could get around 7-8cubes out of a half wall in that thing... are you building inside the car or are you gonna try to build out of the car and then put it in? If you build it out of the car, good luck getting it in...unless you take out the front seats and center console. But thats not but 10bolts usually.

Either way, you should more than likely have an easy 8 cubes. How far up are you considering this half wall? do you want it shoulder level with your seats?

Good luck & take lots of pics.

Thats about all I got to contribute to this one!

Im planing on building inside the car and I would like to keep my view of my back window if possible any help on design would be greatly appreciated.

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

I think n8s is a 4dr...can't remember. IMO, half walls FTL. Full wall with a second sub IMO. 99% of the time a full wall will be much louder.

I have this 18" sub in my trunk at the moment and its 3 times louder than my last subs I hope the one walled off sounds good..

i had a coupe you knuckleheads. you can fit 10 cubes. i had a 13 cube external wall in mine back in the day. built completely outside of hte car. pull your seats and console and slide it in. do not screw to the floor in the backseat area. the gas tank is under the seat. how good are your building skills. you can get like 8 cubes in the trunk if you glass the tire well and all that.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i had a coupe you knuckleheads. you can fit 10 cubes. i had a 13 cube external wall in mine back in the day. built completely outside of hte car. pull your seats and console and slide it in. do not screw to the floor in the backseat area. the gas tank is under the seat. how good are your building skills. you can get like 8 cubes in the trunk if you glass the tire well and all that.

My skills are not that good. and I dont want to leave it in my trunk because the sub already is tearing my trunk lid off so inside the car would be better. do you have any pics of your cavalier and any other info.

the current box the sub and port are facing up in the trunk any other ideas if I was to use the trunk

Edited by DK99

this is ancient now but here ya go.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/01xxxcavy

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

this is ancient now but here ya go.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/01xxxcavy

Thanks man that looks good I still need to make mine a half wall at least I seen that it can be done.

where did you get your aftermarket altenator

Edited by DK99