Second Skin Audio

Is this a Good Box

Is this going to be a good box for two 15s? This is going in a dodge crew cab 2500 cummins 5.9. Im going two dc audio level 4 15s or two tfs IGOR Series. The amps are going to be a secret but ones going for the highs and mids and one is for the subs. The amps are going to be fosgates. Im going to over power the subs alittle bit so I just gave it to you lol.

Heres the Box:

boxfornewtruck.png

Heres the Dimensions and Tuning:

boxdiemenisons.png

The port is going to have to be alittle bit longer. I forgot to compensate the sucked in amp rack built into the box.

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

port is too small.

be sure to put a dowel or two under the amps to limit the amount of vibration they get.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

No im not doing a triple baffle. I was wanting a double baffle. I want the box tuned low but not that low I was shooting for a 32 to 34 hz in the box. I added the height in port like 6 more inches. and more length to the port. Does it need to be shorter port and wider???

Edited by bassaholicsfl

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

ya that second one is all retarded. port needs to be bigger, not longer. it looks like you put 1 cube of bracing. thats a holy fucking shit ton of bracing. 3 full length 2x4's would be 1 cube of displacement.

your first box was 8.6 cubes and the second one was 13.3 cubes. being so extremely different it tells me you should be doing more research before building this thing. thats not a bad thing, its just where you are at in your learning process. it will save you a lot of work and time. seeing how you want to integrate amps into the box you might want to pay for a good box design. this will help you get it right the first time and not have to redo a box you spent a lot of time on making look cosmetically good.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I only planned on about 3 or 4 pieces around the amp racks and two in the corners. I built a different design where The amps are on the sides of the box. Does the vent need to be wider? Im thinking bout just building it another way now with a slot port.

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.