Sonic Electronix

wanting to make a high exersion subwoofer

so ive been looking on caco and seeing some ti baskets. ive been wanting to make a dc level 5 or 6 with a ti basket with coil that goes rather high up the former so it can have a very high xmax. what do you guys think of that im wanting to make a lvl 5 or 6 that has stupid high xmax. what are your guys thoughts and opinions on this i really am wanting a true custom subwoofer.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

i want to do the same thing. i just picked up a soundstream xxx motor im looking for a ti basket aswell. what kinda power you gonna build for?

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

I honestly think you're all talk and no walk. I've seen you make MULTIPLE threads about asking "what we'd do" but yet you never do anything. It's pretty annoying.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

and ive seen alot of threads were u can be a dick and others where you can be helpfull i have ideas thats why i ask i have went threw with some of the things ive asked i dont have alot of money so im rather limited thats why you see more ideas then actions would you like pics of my se's would that make you post something helpfull or?

arnt the stock xxx pretty bad ass as far as xmax goes anyway?

Edited by hifonics10

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

yeah. they're around 28mm but you gotta remember xmax isnt the only thing that matters with a sub. im just building a sub that'll take a good amount of power and do good in a 4th order.

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

because if the xmax is to high the coil can come out of the motor. i like the looks of the ti baskets and i like the idea of building my own custom sub with a higher then stock xmax