If that isnt the biggest load of BS i've ever heard. Im not saying you arent telling the truth, its the cops who say 'I dont have a quota to meet' that piss me off. You have a month where people arent breaking the law as much...time to nid pick the smallest shit to fill quota! Just makes no sense.

And I completely agree. By law, we have no quota...but our Chief has his head so far up his ass, that if we don't write "enough" tickets a month, we get wrote up for "poor job performance". But, people are always breaking the law. Most of the nitpicky shit, like headlights, window tint, etc get dropped anyways...at least from my end. I will stop a car on a stupid violation, and most of the time find drugs, suspended license, etc in the vehicle...if not, i write the ticket for what I stopped teh car for, and tell them to come to court. When they get to court, I drop the ticket...simple as that, and everyone is happy. But heres the thing, 60% of the tickets I write, don't come from cars. People think that all cops do is go out and stop cars...which is NOT true at all.

mivtCK.png

And also let it be known, that even if cops are "nitpicky" like you say, you still have no right to be mad. If you are riding down the road and your window tint is darker than legally allowed, don't get mad when you get pulled over and get a ticket. There is a reason for every law...and even though, most people are too ignorant to understand that, and understand that "hey, you broke the law, now deal with the consequesnces". It just gets under my skin when people are pissed b/c their windows are too dark, or their license plate is in the wrong place, or they have a headlight out, or their brake lights don't work, but yet they get a ticket.

mivtCK.png

Do you have any idea how much paperwork goes into a ticket? IIRC it's about 5 pages for a SIMPLE ticket (speeding, running a red light, etc) and the pages just keep piling on if it gets to a he said she said type thing.

As a matter of fact I do know how much paper work goes into writing a ticket. I write them everyday. As a matter of fact, I HAVE to write at least 50 tickets a month, or I get sent home for bad work performance. And FYI, it ain't 5 pages of papers...its actually 4 pages, 3 of which are carbon copies. You fill out the top one, and the rest are filled out when you turn the page!

If you want to keep thinking I'm talking out of my ass then you do that, but I don't waste my time and money going to school for nothing.

Yeah, you are talking out of your ass. You are on here trying to make it sound like you know everything b/c you are in school for criminal justice, when in reality you don't know shit. I actually have a bachelors in Criminal Justice. And I have been doing this job for nearly 3 years now. No I'm no veteran at this job, but I do know how much work goes into writing a ticket...and you sir are talking out of you ass!

LMAO

Thanks for talking out of your ass. No you do not HAVE to write a minimum amount of tickets. Poor job performance. Haha. That's great officer. It sounds like your Chief has some "poor job performance" for setting quotas for his department. And did I say I knew everything? NO! Did I say it IS 5 pages? NO! I said If I Remember Correctly, which mean it could have been 5, it could have been 4, it could have been 8, but I remembered somewhere around 5.

So what you're telling me is that if you were the officer that was sent out on that DTP call you would have ticketted him?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

And also let it be known, that even if cops are "nitpicky" like you say, you still have no right to be mad. If you are riding down the road and your window tint is darker than legally allowed, don't get mad when you get pulled over and get a ticket. There is a reason for every law...and even though, most people are too ignorant to understand that, and understand that "hey, you broke the law, now deal with the consequesnces". It just gets under my skin when people are pissed b/c their windows are too dark, or their license plate is in the wrong place, or they have a headlight out, or their brake lights don't work, but yet they get a ticket.

When I say nitpicky, I mean bullshit nitpicky. Like total almost bullshit. My first ticket was from not completely stopping at a stopsign when I clearly had stopped. That one was dropped. Second one was because my left taillight had just gone out the day before and I hadnt had a chance to put the bulb in that I bought for it. (I worked at a dealership at the time) Or pulling someone over doing 5 over the speed limit. And dont get me started on the seatbelt bullshit... :nea:. If its such a small 'crime' with a legitimate excuse, I dont see why I should have to come to court to get it dropped. If you're going to probably drop the ticket at court anyways, whats the point of writing it imo. Just to waste more of my time?

I understand the tint thing to an extent, although the laws should all be the same in every state imo. This is all car related issues I know, but you think cop, thats what 99% of people associate their problems with cops. Again, nothing against you or cops in general, i've just gone through some rather ludicrous things like that.

from what i see alot of people get pissed for being stopped because they are a minority shrug.gif

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

from what i see alot of people get pissed for being stopped because they are a minority shrug.gif

Its usually because im white. Racism is ftfl.

damn the mans even trying to keep white people down. now thats just fucked up lol.gif

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

LMAO

Thanks for talking out of your ass. No you do not HAVE to write a minimum amount of tickets. Poor job performance. Haha. That's great officer. It sounds like your Chief has some "poor job performance" for setting quotas for his department. And did I say I knew everything? NO! Did I say it IS 5 pages? NO! I said If I Remember Correctly, which mean it could have been 5, it could have been 4, it could have been 8, but I remembered somewhere around 5.

So what you're telling me is that if you were the officer that was sent out on that DTP call you would have ticketted him?

If he would've had the audacity to still be there playing his music when I got there, then yes, he would've gotten a ticket. And as for the whole "quota" thing...get off my nutsack. Going to school nd actually gettin out in the streets is two different things. You have NO IDEA what its like to actually be in a working position in this field.

mivtCK.png

damn the mans even trying to keep white people down. now thats just fucked up lol.gif

Its because the mans a woman. Shes just pissed that we drive better.

:peepwall:

mUst be that time of the mon.....nevermind she may get offended

i suck as speeling

Archived