Sonic Electronix

resonant frequency of tahoe and how it aplies

Ive been building boxes forever but have always been unsure of porting and how to customize a box to a specific car. I have always just called kicker and let them make there recomindation and just went with it. I am planning on building a box with 6 15" kicker l7 with 3 kx2500.1 on each pair. i have 6 15" kicker comps on one kx2500.1 went with kickers box recomindation of around 3.5 cubic feet ported to whatever it was recominded to per sub. can someone that truly understands the theory behind explain how the resonant freq plays a part? also what should I tune to. I like a nice sound. listen to only rap. ive sat in cars where they brag about how loud there spl is but sounds like crap. I want an awesome system that is awesome but is also enjoyable to hear the different tones in the music. I should also add i did buy a box pro software to try and be a better builder but it seemed to be very inacurate when tuning a port

Res freq is 37-42 depending on year and the amount of sound dampner.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

no im glade you asked that teardrop. thats what i was getting at. how big of a diff and how much of a diff does it actually make. and what is it really. not sure if im overthinking the whole thing. ive spent days building super solid boxes for someone to pull up next to me with some cheap woofers and crappy amps with a box out of plywood. yea i was a lil louder but i had about 8 grand into my sounds to his 2g of fle market equipment. just wonder how much i overthink box building. i would build an awesome fiberglass box but i know its better to have all woffers on the same plane so the sound waves dnt cancel eachother.

Alot goes into it.

Hit up a enclosure designer that way your not guessing all the time. Myself, ramdesigns, there are a few here that do awesome enclosure design.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz