Sundown Audio

Need Help Identifying Old School Amp!!

Colin - STAPUFT

Ok- old amp I scored some time back. I stuck it in the corner and forgot about it until now.

I wiped it down and popped it open and found almost nothing inside. I know it is built in the USA, so early 90s I assume. The amp board says "75-2575 REV C" on it, and next to the MADE IN USA there is "JKS". A tag on the back says "HOOPER 2X50" and "SN 200292" so maybe 1992? Any research I can find hints that this may be an old PPI board.

On to the photos:

IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2905.jpg

IMG_2906.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

IMG_2901.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D Someone please chime in and tell me I found some super old school cool amp. ...Please. hehehe

Thanks Guys! :drinks:

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Yeah, from the I.D. tag looks like an old 50x2, no idea on a manufacturer.

I understand, "Hooper" should be referring to Daryl Hooper...

"Hooper's research and teaching experience was mainly in the area of transistor theory and characterization, pulse-forming circuits, wide band amplifiers, active filters and integrated circuit design. In 1968, Edward Moore Cherry and Daryl Hooper published their book on circuit design entitled Amplifying Devices and Low-Pass Amplifier Design. The book ran to 1036 pages and was regarded as the premier book on the design of transistor amplifiers."

Or, the Cherry-Hooper amplifier types...

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5

Looks like those PPI special editions you see every once in a while on ebay for sale, hook it up and try it out. Looks like a 25x2 or 50x2 from the size of it.

Yep- I'm about to go outside and hook it up to see what she does. Everything looks good under the hood. It smells like 1990s USA made audio. mmmmmm.... tasty!

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Looks like those PPI special editions you see every once in a while on ebay for sale, hook it up and try it out. Looks like a 25x2 or 50x2 from the size of it.

Yep- I'm about to go outside and hook it up to see what she does. Everything looks good under the hood. It smells like 1990s USA made audio. mmmmmm.... tasty!

Think its a PPI 2030 or 2050 My link, here the My link to more old ownermanuals from PPI

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Yeah, from the I.D. tag looks like an old 50x2, no idea on a manufacturer.

I understand, "Hooper" should be referring to Daryl Hooper...

"Hooper's research and teaching experience was mainly in the area of transistor theory and characterization, pulse-forming circuits, wide band amplifiers, active filters and integrated circuit design. In 1968, Edward Moore Cherry and Daryl Hooper published their book on circuit design entitled Amplifying Devices and Low-Pass Amplifier Design. The book ran to 1036 pages and was regarded as the premier book on the design of transistor amplifiers."

Or, the Cherry-Hooper amplifier types...

Woah. :shok:

There is a store here in town that has been here FOREVER and it is named "Hooper's" - I just figured they threw that sticker on there. lol

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

That's what I was thinking.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

Right before art series.

Im a ppi guy, id love to buy it off ya if you wanna sell it.

Working or not

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived