Sonic Electronix

Looking for 2 new 8 inch subs since my current kickers are blown, i can replace the kickers with the same ones or go with something different.

Kenwood Excelon

JL Audio 8W1V2-4

and Pioneer

Anybody familiar with any of these? I need them to fit a box mounting less than 4 inches, with .4 cubic feet of air space running off a RF Punch 400.1

Edited by nick23parker

2004 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab

1 Rockford Fosgate P3 12 inch subwoofer

Custom built ported box fit to specs of subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate P400.1 Amplifier

Rockford Fosgate Power 5x7

and 6x8

door speakers

Pioneer DEH-P4200UB Headunit

Sundown 8's are good if youre open to suggestions, sound really good, and theyre only like $80 a piece iirc. Maybe a bit more.

Edited by cjN

2x sundown audio sa 12's

Crescendo BC2000

kinetik 1800, 1400.

Rockford punch 5,25 component set

MB QUART ONYX 4.80

Mechman 270a alt

Sundown 8's are good if youre open to suggestions, sound really good, and theyre only like $80 a piece iirc. Maybe a bit more.

He only has .4 cubes to work with and 4 inch mounting depth, the sa-8`s are over both of them.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Jl is a nice choice

yeah i'm really interested in the JLs but i wish i could find someone who has them. I havent really heard many bad things about JL either.

and 6x8

door speakers

with such little spake to work with. id say ur very well on a good track. jl seems like a real good choice. some very SQ in that. kickers should work. but if i were you iry to go a different route (not that a dislike kicker) just from personal experience kicker isnt a very much way to go for some SQ

He only has .4 cubes to work with and 4 inch mounting depth, the sa-8`s are over both of them.

Yeah i looked at Sundown and believe me if i had the room i would put them because i hear those 8s bang, well for an 8 at least, but they mount at 4.5 i want to say and i only have 3 7/8.

and 6x8

door speakers

with such little spake to work with. id say ur very well on a good track. jl seems like a real good choice. some very SQ in that. kickers should work. but if i were you iry to go a different route (not that a dislike kicker) just from personal experience kicker isnt a very much way to go for some SQ

yeah i loved the kickers but if they blew im not sure i really want to go with them again if you know what i mean. I like the JLs though. I have the RF 400.1 so it will put 200 on each JL is that gonna be too much power, i was thinking it would be pretty perfect. That amp is great for really any shallow 8 set up

and 6x8

door speakers

Jl is a nice choice

yeah i'm really interested in the JLs but i wish i could find someone who has them. I havent really heard many bad things about JL either.

I've owned a few of the w1 series JLs and I do have to admit they do have a decent tonal balance. I am admittedly a JL hater, however in this case they are the best of what you mentioned IMO. I'd say the only JLs worth their salt are the entry level w1s and w0s. The WXs are rubbish and anything else they sell is marked up much higher than they're worth.

:good:

EDIT: Just saw your post on power... If you adjust your gains with an o-scope or even better a DD-1 then 200 watts is fine. Getting wild with them on a clipping signal will turn them into Quiznos. I speaks froms experience

Edited by srp365

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

i think he was talking about the e8

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/Sundown-Audio-E8v2.html

Edited by bobobass

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d