Sonic Electronix

looking at getting some new RCAs for a build

im lookin at some RCAs for a build, just tryin to get some prices put together to see how much to spend. and im gonna be running 2 amps. 1 for the subs and 1 for the highs/mids. one of my questions is, since i've never ran an amp for my mids/highs, do i need to have RCAs running between subs? or just from my head unit to each amp? thanks for the knowledge.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Depends on how many outputs available on the HU. And of your headunit has good output signal and voltage. In your case doing rcas from the headunit to the 4channel then from that to the subs amp would be ideal

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

What do you mean when you say "do i need to have RCAs running between subs?"

RCAs come from your head unit into the amplifier, and you run speaker wire from the amplifier to the speakers. Regardless of whether its door speakers or a subwoofer.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

ok well i was thinkin about getting Karma SS 4 channel 6meter RCAs and running them from the back of the HU and 2 going to the 4channal and 2 going to the monoblock. but u think it would be better to run to the 4 channel, then over to the mono? wait does a 4 channel have 4 RCA inputs? lol

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

Depending on how many channels for the mids/highs you'll be running one for the sub and up to 2 for a 4 channel amp, as far as quality goes just get a good set of shielded rca patch cords from anywhere you want even if it happens to be radio shack ones.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

i meant between amps. My bad. i just realized that the 4 channel has 4 inputs for RCAs. and a channel 5 input. so do i put a set of RCAs into that channel 5 and send it to the mono block?

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

If its a 4 channel it will have two sets of inputs and one set of output to send to your mono block. Many of the decent 4 channel amps will have a switch that changes a set of two channel rcas to 4 channels

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

ok DTrain. im confused u'll have to help me set it up when i get going. lol... but do i need 2 sets of RCAs for sure? 1 for a 4 channel and 1 for a 2 channel? the 4 channel would go to the HU and the 2 channel will go from the 4 channel amp to the mono? o.O

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

ok DTrain. im confused u'll have to help me set it up when i get going. lol... but do i need 2 sets of RCAs for sure? 1 for a 4 channel and 1 for a 2 channel? the 4 channel would go to the HU and the 2 channel will go from the 4 channel amp to the mono? o.O

you need to look at the back of your HU to see how many outputs you have. if you have two.. buy a set of two channel RCA's and plug that up to your 4 channel. if your 4 channel does not have a switch that will allow the amp to split the two channel RCAs you can buy a splitter and split the two channels into 4. then from your 4 channel youll take a set of two channel RCAs to the subwoofer amp.

idk how much clearer i can explain that lol :shrug:

Edit: a set of two channel RCA's has one left and one right input.

a 4 channel RCA has two sets of left and right inputs. you need to get a pair that will fit your HU

Edited by D-train-13k