Sundown Audio

sa 10's and saz2500 not as loud as expected

Today i finally installed my system in, and had high expectations, but was disappointed. :(

Here's what i got:

.5ft^3 sealed per sub with a common 2.5ft^3 ported chamber tuned to 49hz. ( designed by Ram-designs)

sundown saz2500

2 sundown sa 10's

kinetik 1800

knukonceptz 0 gauge wire and rca.

kenwood HU

I set gains with dmm to 45v (~2100 wrms), voltage does not drop below 13v, and around 14v while driving. I tried 49hz test tone and voltage dropped to 12.3-12.5v. I was expecting a huge voltage drop, but that it? :WTFBubble: I only moved gain and LPF, everything else i didn't touch.

Compared to my previous set up with hifonics brz1200, it sounded way louder and better. Now, i doubled power but with crappy result.

Is there something wrong with amp, gains or box?

looking at the design to me it seems like there is way to many areas for the air pressure to get stuck before it goes out of the port. its an interesting design though. just doesnt seem to efficient to me

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

Remember a high tunned BP4 will usually still play lows, therr tuned higherthena normal ported box

try turning gain up a tad more the way you set it isnt the best... thats how i do it aswel and usually turn it up a few clicks past were i set it

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Remember a high tunned BP4 will usually still play lows, therr tuned higherthena normal ported box

try turning gain up a tad more the way you set it isnt the best... thats how i do it aswel and usually turn it up a few clicks past were i set it

id be careful clipping these bad boys at about 1100 rms will fuck them up fast and remember in bandpass its hard to hear distortion by ear so use the dmm

Edited by new guy

*current*

1991 honda crx si

2 skar audio 12s

pioneer 6.5s

dual 400 watt amp

audio technix

db 1/0 wiring kit.

dual head unit