Second Skin Audio

what wiring configuration is this?? please help fast

the reason your sub went out that fast is you did not allow the woofer to be broke in, from the factory the suspension is verry stiff, they need to be played gently till the suspension is loosened up. this will normally take a week or two depending on the hours of use, 20-25 hours is usualy good @ arround half power. then let it rip

That is not true, it's a common rumor, but even nick and Jacob themselves said you don't have to have a break in period, they will just start to sound better as they get broken in. That is NOT why your sub smoked! Disregard that comment lol

alright lol im about to hook my sub back up and see what happens

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

K but turn your gain back down until you can get it o-scoped or buy the dd-1 bro

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

and also my magnet is hot as hell, when i took it out earlier it was to hot to touch but now it still hot and that was over and hour ago or close to it, like i can still barely touch it

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

Yeah man that's what clipping does, it causes heat which is never good when it comes to moving parts! You can blow a sub off of 200 clipped watts, so you really need to make sure everything is set correctly

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

how do i get oscoped and whats a dd1?

Edited by Hertz_dont_it

Some shops have an o-scope so you need to look for someone that sets gains with an o-scope. And the dd-1 is a tool the Steve Meade just launched that sets your gains perfectly! Look it up, it's the best option and price

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Some shops have an o-scope so you need to look for someone that sets gains with an o-scope. And the dd-1 is a tool the Steve Meade just launched that sets your gains perfectly! Look it up, it's the best option and price

lol it took me forever to find it then when i did it costs to much i know its cheap but i has literally no money. i guess i could sell my sub to get it 8)

I'd sell the amp first haha

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

I'd sell the amp first haha

pretty sure the subs blown.. gain turned all the way down and you cant hear the sub at all, i turn it on and it still sounds like my mids... wich is shit

Damn bro, well it's kinda hard to sell a blown sub for much! I'm pretty sure OA recones are like $60 or so

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D