Second Skin Audio

what wiring configuration is this?? please help fast

alright so heres my dilema, i was bumpin hella loud and all the sudden i smelled smoke, my sub has been in my car for over a month running on a mtx jackhammer. sub is dual 4 and when i had my box built i asked them what they wired the sub down to they said 2ohms but anyway. when i smelled smoke i shut my sub off and was right down the street from my house and ilooked back and there was a shit ton of smoke just billowing out of my port i was like ahhh sheeet!! and raced home. i pulled out my sub to find this..... the sub was wired like so. a wire from the positive on one side to the positive on the other side and same with the negative. (negative to negative on other side. and from there a wire from the positive and one from the negative to the amp. i looked on the12volt and according to them thats not even a real configuration for a dual 4. can someone help plz sorry to make so long but i dont even know if my sub still works

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

Pics of wiring would help also. Positive to Positive to Positive on amp, and Negative, To Negative, To Negative on amp should be 2 ohms final load. Sounds wired correctly, but then again. Are you sure you were not clipping it to hell? And when you said "They" Built your box.. Who is they? And did they do anything else?

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

They ran a wire from positive to positive and to the amp?

They ran a wire from negative to negative and to the amp?

Older way of wiring in parallel is to have both coils wired positive to positive and negative to negative and one coil from sub positive to amp and other coil negative coil to amp, what that does is to equalize the coils so they each see the power together at the same time.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

They ran a wire from positive to positive and to the amp?

They ran a wire from negative to negative and to the amp?

Older way of wiring in parallel is to have both coils wired positive to positive and negative to negative and one coil from sub positive to amp and other coil negative coil to amp, what that does is to equalize the coils so they each see the power together at the same time.

but does that wire it down to 2ohm or should i rewire it and that still doesn tell me why it was smoking but i guess wiring would neccisarily have anything to do with that

one sec let me draw a pic of how they had it wired to the amp

Edited by Hertz_dont_it

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

That is a 2ohm load bud! But how were your gains set dude? Sounds like you were clipping bad!

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

fuck my ass..., my gains where set just under half and nothing else was messed with besides the lpf or whatever it was et at like 55 hz so nothing over that would come to the sub

Well we can't really say that were your gains are set isn't clipping, and you could have been clipping on your head unit as well. How dis you set your gains? Just by ear?

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs