Sonoma Hillbillie box build

Updated the second post... Once again guys ANY help is GREATLY appreciated...

EDIT: I think I fucked the port up... the actual port size is 11.5x4x4.5 which brings me to 82.66Hz.....god dammit!

Next question is how do I calculate in a flared port? Id like to redo the front and go with 1 4" long aero port with a 3" diameter.

Torres Calculator shows that would set me at 41.91Hz but I dont know if that factors in the flare..

im aiming for 40hz but 41.9 is a hell of allot better than 82 Hz.......noob.gif

That calculator DOES incorporate the flared port. Just type in 4 in the diameter. :drinks:

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

EDIT: I think I fucked the port up... the actual port size is 11.5x4x4.5 which brings me to 82.66Hz.....god dammit!

Next question is how do I calculate in a flared port? Id like to redo the front and go with 1 4" long aero port with a 3" diameter.

Torres Calculator shows that would set me at 41.91Hz but I dont know if that factors in the flare..

That calculator DOES incorporate the flared port. Just type in 4 in the diameter. :drinks:

With a 4" diameter it bumps the tuning up to 53Hz and a net volume of 1.74ft. does it matter that the volume is larger than DC recommends?

Thanks for your help.

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

Does it matter that the volume is larger than DC recommends?

Thanks for your help.

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

Also raise the frequency setting on your amp to 80hz not 40. I'm not saying that because your box is tuned to 80 hz by the way, just set it there and leave it that way for the new box

wouldn't I be picking up everything up to 80hz then?

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

• 1 month later...

Finally got some time away from work to fix my *uck up,

This is the result

c3964496.jpg

ae92510d.jpg

e8225849.jpg

e61e259c.jpg

Doing work, Knocked my third door off the lock hinge...

And of course a video. I do plan on glassing the box when I get the time to finish it, I will also add some brackets and Coat with bed liner so I can mount this to the cab for when I go off road so the box doesn't hop around and slide all over.

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

i like the new box much better

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

• 3 weeks later...

I have yet to decide how Im going to finish this box, still thinking off glassing then undercoat (to match the 4x4 tough look). This is what it currently looks like as I dont have time to work on it between the job and us buying a new house yahoo.gif. Good news is Ill have a place to do work besides the back of my truck under an umbrella!!!!

0d20154e.jpg

cbed46f3.jpg

I also tried to take some good "Glamour" shots of the DC logo, All I ask is if you use the image give credit where credit is due. (If you need the full res 5184x3456 just ask)

d572c0c5.jpg

9ea6ae4c.jpg

2693e1f3.jpg

f4a72ee5.jpg

e6d4ba0b.jpg

3ec4966f.jpg

These were taken with a Canon T2i at around 1/640 F/7.1 ISO 3200 (all the pics vary but this is a good generalization)

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

i can never hate on someone who does what he has to do to get the job done. Keep practicing and in no time you will be building like a champ! We all started somewhere and i have also built my share of boxes with NOTHING but a rock, a piece of paper, and some scissors. Well not exactly that but close! hahah.

i bet your next box will be 15% better and the next will be even better then that. That is how you evolve. :)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

:drinks: for gettn the bass in! looks like you did pretty good once ya figured out what was wrong. Cant wait for my LVL4 to come in the mail :drink40:

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

Archived