voltage problem.. please help!!

ok so i have a 2006 honda pilot and its gutted out right now no audio equipment hooked up at this momment only the headunit.. i have a d3400 in the front and a d3100 in the back (not hooked up) and charging it i have a dc power 320amp alt.. i installed my stinger volt meter yesterday.. so i was driving today and i noticed im charging at only 14.1 - 14.2 and while i was driving the voltage dropped to 12.9 - 13.1 i was like wtf.. so i stopped the car pulled out my dmm and it jumped back up to 14.18 - 14.21.. so im confused what do yall think is going on.. ive talked to dc power about adding the 15.1 regulator on it so i have to send it in but i just noticed this issue.. can anyone help please??

thanks durrani

Edited by durranic

MURDERD HONDA PILOT!

im sure you calibrated your voltmeter correct?

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

Same thing happens on my Civic. Driving along @ 14.6, it'll drop to 13 with no music playing, and if I introduce another load on the system like a turn signal, power windows, headlights, it'll jump back up to 14.6. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the regulated voltage at the computer, not the alternator.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Same thing happens on my Civic. Driving along @ 14.6, it'll drop to 13 with no music playing, and if I introduce another load on the system like a turn signal, power windows, headlights, it'll jump back up to 14.6. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the regulated voltage at the computer, not the alternator.

yeah i did notice that.. cause as soon as i flipped the turning signal the voltage popped right back up.. so you think its a honda thing??? and another question y is my voltage sitting so low? i know its not that low but i would love to be at like 14.6 lol

MURDERD HONDA PILOT!

It's most likely the ELD..... Which is a Honda thing. Google it and read up on it, it regulates the voltage so the alternator doesn't work more than it needs to, and that helps to improve gas mileage. I think there might be a bypass for it, but I'm not really sure.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

its probley like my mustang since

When you have a load, you will have higher voltage(then will be compensated at the same time and drop due to current demand)

Your vehicle isn't "stupid", you are just wanting a higher voltage when there is no high load and it's not necessary all the time.

make sense?

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

It's most likely the ELD..... Which is a Honda thing. Google it and read up on it, it regulates the voltage so the alternator doesn't work more than it needs to, and that helps to improve gas mileage. I think there might be a bypass for it, but I'm not really sure.

thanks will look it up!!

MURDERD HONDA PILOT!

its probley like my mustang since

When you have a load, you will have higher voltage(then will be compensated at the same time and drop due to current demand)

Your vehicle isn't "stupid", you are just wanting a higher voltage when there is no high load and it's not necessary all the time.

make sense?

ahh i got you.. dc power was also telling me that the 15.1 regulator that i want on there may or may not make a difference in my voltage charge because of it being a honda and i guess honda comps are a bit picky..

MURDERD HONDA PILOT!