Second Skin Audio

Is this box going to be too small *updated box check it out*

Ok here is my box info

Capture-11.jpg

Sketchup of the idea (bear with my first time using sketchup)

Untitled-1.png

This is going behind the seat of my 97 s10

12" fi audio ssd

4" Precision port

Edited by jeyrapboy

It seems small being 1.19ft3 net for a 12" but I dont have much knowledge on that sub. I know my 12"s like around 2.5ft3 net.

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

No way I'd run the 12" SSD in that small of a box. The 10" version will work well in that though, if you can drop the tuning some. You also need to account for the sub displacement, as that will also affect volume/tuning.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

No way I'd run the 12" SSD in that small of a box. The 10" version will work well in that though, if you can drop the tuning some. You also need to account for the sub displacement, as that will also affect volume/tuning.

yea thats what i was afraid of, I MIGHT be able to slide the seat forward just a bit and if i can get my jack holder out i got about roughly 5" more room in width

EDIT: Also idk if it matters but its the older double stack ssd, Not the newer single

Edited by jeyrapboy

Yeah, too small, especially since you forgot to input the displacement of the sub which is probably around .15 feet. Shoot more towards 1.5 unless you don't have the room...just depends on your power.

Yea displacement is .14 which changed up the tuning to 40hz

Im feeding the sub about 1200 watts +/- some

My lvl 5 is in 2.5 cf to give you an example. I'd do 2 ft, but didn't think it'd fit. Get as close to 2 ft as you can or switch to a 10" if you haven't bought the sub yet.

Yea i already have the sub, Its from my jeep build but this box WILL NOT fit lol. Its about 2.1 internal and sounded badass

Im going to take some more mesurements, I might be able to squeeze another 5" of width out and maybe a little bit taller...

Hopefully i can get something done up.