Sundown Audio

Noob question about output

Mr.JaunDurfle

your amps should, in theory, be seeing two ohms. however, due to circumstances stated above, the amps probably won't be seeing two ohms. which means the subs probably will not be seeing 900+ watts. now provided your amps are tuned correctly and you have the proper electrical support, i'd say the subs will be seeing somewhere in the ballpark of 600 watts per sub. it may not seem like much, but it's all relative. you can't "hear" how many watts your system is pushing, you can only hear how loud it is. in other words, the number of watts your system has is somewhat irrelevant, although more watts usually = louder. people don't want drills and drill bits, they just want holes in their wall... if that makes any sense.

hope that helps.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

They are putting out 750

way to pull a number out of your ass.

in reality, no theyre not seeing 900 watts due to voltage drop and imp rise.

only half of this statement is correct. you are correct about voltage drop, but since music is dynamic impedence rise isn't really a factor.

impedance rise is still, very much, a factor with music.

Are you asking a technical question about impedance or just making sure you have your system wired up for maximum output from your amps?

very good question.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I'm just making sure the system is wired correctly.

Thanks to everyone for the help. I think I understand what you guys are saying. So I could put a more powerful amp on those subs if I only listen to music and wouldn't really have to worry about blowing them if the amp is tuned right.

Man when you start getting all technical, I had no idea about ohm changes in music. Good inf, thanks.

2001 VW Passat Sportwagen

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Tantric Sounds 6.5HD's, Sundound Audio SA-6.5CS

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

XS batteries, KnuKonceptz wirez, Second Skin

So I have two Kicker zx750.1's running to two Boston Acoustics SPG555-2 subs. So one amp to one sub. The subs are single coil two ohm, the amps are rated for a two ohm setting. My question is are the subs seeing the 900 plus watts that the amps put out at two ohms?

If they are receiving 750 instead of 900, would you even notice? No...

Since you're asking it's probably safe to assume that you're not happy with something in your system and are thinking about changing amps. Am I right or are you just curious?

It's not a question of 750 verus 900, it was mainly a question of if the amp was seeing a two ohm load. I haven't hooked the system up yet. I had one sub and one amp in my other truck to make sure there were on air leaks in my boxes and it sounded good and loud. But when I took it out and put my 10 inch sub and 500 watt amp back in, the 10 seemed to sound just as loud. So thats what got me thinking.

2001 VW Passat Sportwagen

Alpine ICS-X7HD

DC Audio 5K

SSA 15" XCON

Tantric Sounds 6.5HD's, Sundound Audio SA-6.5CS

Incriminator Audio IA6.4

XS batteries, KnuKonceptz wirez, Second Skin

It's not a question of 750 verus 900, it was mainly a question of if the amp was seeing a two ohm load. I haven't hooked the system up yet. I had one sub and one amp in my other truck to make sure there were on air leaks in my boxes and it sounded good and loud. But when I took it out and put my 10 inch sub and 500 watt amp back in, the 10 seemed to sound just as loud. So thats what got me thinking.

From what you described, the subs are/will be wired to the amps correctly and in the most efficient way possible. IIRC, you said the subs were SVC? in which case there isn't really any special wiring to be done. just match positive to positive and negative to negative and you're set. as far as a bigger amp goes, i probably wouldn't recommend it. I don't think i've ever seen a SVC sub able to handle more than 500 watts. if your current subs and amps get along nicely, then leave it. if you ever want more power in the future, you will want to upgrade both amps, subs, and more than likely your electrical support as well.

just make sure your amps are tuned properly (search the forum for "clipping" if you don't know how)

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.