Sonic Electronix

Alright i have a audioque 1200d the bass nob has a clipping light and if i turn my stereo say 34/40 and turn the nob just a 1/2 turn thats when it starts getting loud and sounds nicly but the clipping light will not just blink it will stay red i dont leave it there i know to turn it down. But what gets me it doesnt even sound bad nice and clean but i wont leave it there cause i know its bad and not too do it but with the nob down its like it aint even loud at all. Could it be a head unit its a dual flip screen lol. Im considering buying and tuning it with a oscope or the smd clipping device that meade just came out with.

Setup:

Headunit: 7" indash screen

Sub: fi bl 12

Amp: Audioque 1200D

Box Ported tuned to 34hz

Big 3 done in 1/0 gauge

If you gave us some more info on where all of your setting are on your HU and where your knobs on your amp are that would be very helpful.

It more than likely has to do with those setting. Keep your gains low, loudness off, source level on 0 etc. Dont amplify the signal your amp sees and you wont get that clip.

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/

If your using the bass boost on your hu that can do it as well I usally leave these settings alone and use eqs and crossovers to get the desired freq levels. But bass boost on a head unit normally isn't that good it just boost it to crappy at volume. But yea buy a distortion detector

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RF 400-4 Runs off dedicated 4 awg ofc

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Boston S60 6.5 components

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

Boston S60 6.5 components

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

No deadener :/

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

There are a lot of variables for which can be causing the clipping to happen. Could be gains set to high on the amp, settings jacked up on the H/U, voltage dropping too low, just to name a few off of the top of my head. I tuned my AQ1200D with a DMM, and I don't run into problems. Some songs are louder than others, so I have to turn a few settings down on my H/U so the clipping light goes off. A lot of the songs that I play a decent amount at full tilt I have the H/U settings memorized, so I just turn them down/up right before I put the song on, works perfectly fine for me.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

you have a BL12 on that amp? we did that too and the 1200 only seems to make enough power for that sub in clipping but dont do it as we found out by burning the tinsel leads. A bigger amp not forced into clipping might be the solution

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

If you gave us some more info on where all of your setting are on your HU and where your knobs on your amp are that would be very helpful.

It more than likely has to do with those setting. Keep your gains low, loudness off, source level on 0 etc. Dont amplify the signal your amp sees and you wont get that clip.

i can give u the info of the amp tommorow dark out now but their not turned all the way up... The head unit subwoofer is -3 and the loud option is OFF

Setup:

Box Ported tuned to 34hz

Big 3 done in 1/0 gauge

you have a BL12 on that amp? we did that too and the 1200 only seems to make enough power for that sub in clipping but dont do it as we found out by burning the tinsel leads. A bigger amp not forced into clipping might be the solution

What amp did u guys end up going with and yes it is a fi bl 12 with flat wind and hyperpole

Setup:

Box Ported tuned to 34hz

Big 3 done in 1/0 gauge

Could be a faulty component setting off the clip if gains aren't too high.. I've seen that before. Caps started warping in a friends amp and the clip light wouldn't stay off

Edited by d3dreaper

Those of you who are risking your relationships need to grow up. Bass can't make you sandwhiches.

You clearly haven't tossed lunch meat, cheese, and bread in your port yet. Makes a hell of a bologna sandwich salad. Jiggles the balls pretty good too.

If i ain't learning, I ain't living.

Steve blocked me on YT... I think i irritated him a few years ago.... LOL sorry man

I don't have any serious builds goin on... currently i have an Interfire IF-2400b pushing 2 Alphasonic PSW610J's...

I'm broke and i don't want my son deaf before he's 2 haha