DC Sound Lab

How to wire DC amplifier?

It's one of those things where "If you have to ask, don't."

But if your electrical can handle both amps at a now less efficient state then before then you could wire them at 1/2 ohm each (1 - 1 ohm load going to 2 amps strapped).

For 2 3500's strapped to 1 ohm final i'd suggest at least 4 EXTRA batteries (read 5 total) and a good dual alt setup, for a BARE MINIMUM.

Even then, if you can't watch a voltage gauge and know when to turn it down, just don't do it.

And if you're the type of person who would blow an amp by wiring it like this and being stupid about it, then blame it on the company, DEFINATLY don't do it.

Thanks for the advice. A bit of an attitude their but their are a lot of angry people in the world, haha.

If I strapped the amps I just wanted to be sure I understand the watts they were putting out. So now that i know strapping 2 3.5k's will give you 2 ohm at 7k. Whenever I decide to purchase subs i would get two Dual 2 ohm subs and wire them for a 2 ohm load.

I may be a noob but not a complete idiot. Batteries, HO Alt and more batteries are on the way, and a Stinger volt meter.

Edited by brownm3

Not at all

Something like this, if you have to ask you shouldn't be doing it

The whole point of the thread was to find out what the final load would be if I strapped to DC Audio amps together. Now that i know 2 3.5k's strapped will be 2 ohms at 7k. I will purchase 2 dual 2 subs and wire them at 2 ohms.

I didn't mean to give the impression i was asking how to wire at .5 and 1 ohms. Not doing any competitions so that is unnecessarily low for my intent.

There is not attitude nor assumptions there.

My reply was straight and to the point.

If the truth hurts your feelings.. sorry for that.

Well the only reason most people ask anything is because they dont know and there just trying to educate themselves.

Haha, def dont stress about what anybody has to say. I am to chill for that grade school nonsense. Grown ass man, haha. hurt my feelings, hhahahahhahaha.

Just get a line driver and slave both amps and let the driver do all the work

Dont do this.

One ohm final load?

I wouldn't do it. When strapped those amplifiers are 2 ohm stable.

So if I understand correctly when strapped this amp is now 2 ohm stable at 7000 watts?

Do you already have the subs? If you dont have the subs already, I would personally get them built so that you have a final 1.4 ohm load and will get .7 ohms per amp. This is the much safer way to go. If you have the electrical to back it up then the amps can be run at .5 ohm, but as has been said in this thread before, if you have to ask if you can do it then please dont.

Why would you do that when you'd still have to gain match?

Worst case scenario if all you're looking for is a single bass knob, get a PAC LC1. Much cheaper than buying a line driver.

I thought when you set one DC Audio amp to master and the other DC Audio to slave both amps ran on the master amps settings (gains, bass knob, etc). I was under the impression it was like one big ass amp.

And thanks for the PAC LC1 suggestion. Didn't know about that. But if I had the choice i would rather use DC's bass knob with clipping indicator. That is until I get SMD's clipping detector device.

When you strap the amps you will control everything from master amp. The slave is just as it sounds, the little bitch just being used for its power.

The clip indicator is decent on the amps but from what I have seen with my own, it is not perfect. Definitely invest in the DD1 to allow you to set the gains properly.

Thanks for the feedback CJ18. Yeah I dont need anything that low of an load. But a lot of helpful feedback in your post. Much appreciated.

Edited by brownm3

There is not attitude nor assumptions there.

My reply was straight and to the point.

If the truth hurts your feelings.. sorry for that.

Well the only reason most people ask anything is because they dont know and there just trying to educate themselves.

Haha, def dont stress about what anybody has to say. I am to chill for that grade school nonsense. Grown ass man, haha. hurt my feelings, hhahahahhahaha.

That's cool. I was just hoping idiots like ole hollywood up there would understand i used the word IF for a reason. I was covering all bases. I don't know you nor what you know so i had to cover it all, to be learned from.

That's cool. I was just hoping idiots like ole hollywood up there would understand i used the word IF for a reason. I was covering all bases. I don't know you nor what you know so i had to cover it all, to be learned from.

Understood and thanks for your input, everything helps. From my short type interacting with people, one thing I have noticed its an extremely helpful community.

Edited by brownm3