Sonic Electronix

Another Newbie question for the pros

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy some subs specifically HDC315-A Aluminum Coil Subwoofer Two of them at 1000 rms apiece. My question is is there an amplifier that can output 2000 rms and give the subs 1000 watts rms apeice? Or should I get 2 separate amplifiers and have them be 1000 rms apiece? I had an earlier thread about a setup I was suggested to get and this is the amp that was suggested to me was the AQ3500D.1 Amplifier. Now is there an amplifier that is cheaper than the listed price on the AQ site that can provide either 2000 rms or is there two single 1000 rms amplifiers that are cheaper than the site listed price?

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

If you get a 2000 watt amp it should technically send 1000 watts to each sub

You can probably buy a used amp look on the classifieds on here.

Edited by vettedude102

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy some subs specifically HDC315-A Aluminum Coil Subwoofer Two of them at 1000 rms apiece. My question is is there an amplifier that can output 2000 rms and give the subs 1000 watts rms apeice? Or should I get 2 separate amplifiers and have them be 1000 rms apiece? I had an earlier thread about a setup I was suggested to get and this is the amp that was suggested to me was the AQ3500D.1 Amplifier. Now is there an amplifier that is cheaper than the listed price on the AQ site that can provide either 2000 rms or is there two single 1000 rms amplifiers that are cheaper than the site listed price?

Any amp that is rated 2000rms will work. 1 amp will do you just fine, i fear you wouldnt know what to do with 2 of em. And if you are looking for cheaper than you saw listed then you are going to have to search the net, and the classified sections here and try to find that. Good luck though.. :good:

Rebuild Log with the SMD

CURRENT..

Honda Accord Coupe

Porsche Cayenne S

Lexus CT200

Lexus ES300 (sold)

99 Lexus RX 300 (sold)

ADDING

Honda - Hertz setup, more to come

Porsche - Fi BL, XS Power, more to come

coming soon..
peep the old rebuild log of the Lexus RX

Id go for the aq 3500 with the copper coils, Aluminum no good for you :good:

Why the 3500? Didn't he say 1k per? Also what is your budget? A good place to look is Audiosavings.com, they usually have some pretty good deals.

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

I have a budget however it is lower than the listed price on the AQ site. I was also looking for something cheaper than the listed price. Also I have a friend that says that some amps do not do rated and some amplifier brands and some name brands do not do rated is that true? As I do not exactly believe him on this I just want to hear this from other people. What brands do you guys suggest? My local audio shop says I should get one Alpine MRP-2000 watt rms amp. But I actually believe its just the same amount of money as the AQ amp. Also I don't think that I can actually buy from the forum classifieds because of my post count being to low.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed