wiring a second battery w/ relay

Ok so i have picked up a yellow top, got it new for $50. so temporary till i get the xs power, and i am going to wire it in the cargo of my ford escape. I was looking at This relay >>> http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_28365_The-Install-Bay-IB500.html and think it would fit my needs. My main battery is a diehard gold http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02850640000P I do have the big 3 upgraded. A h/o alt will be ordered soon just saving up for it. I am wondering is it a good or bad idea to use the relay? If not what options do i have for wiring the second battery up.

just wire the batts in parallel, no need for a isolator.

so pos to pos on the battery w/ fuse in between each battery. I have searched this before and some people say it is bad on the batteries, although the diehard is maybe just at 2 months and the yellow top is new. So i am just curious will it be bad on the batteries. Also i dont plan on running with the car off anyway.

thats how i have my batts wired had it like that for months with no problems i think most new batteries are compatible with each other as long as they are all 12v back in the day i think something was different inside or something that made them leak if used together

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Thank you for the quick responses... also what should i fuse the batteries with? 300a or should i use lower? I have three amps i am running 2 zx1000.1 and zx650.4. Also i have a cap a 6 farad i am not using would i benefit from using it or should i just leave in the closet.

Edited by KenC210

Thank you for the quick responses... also what should i fuse the batteries with? 300a or should i use lower? I have three amps i am running 2 zx1000.1 and zx650.4. Also i have a cap a 6 farad i am not using would i benefit from using it or should i just leave in the closet.

any other suggestions on this subject? ^^^^