Why do you regret getting rid of the AQ?

it was a great amp in every aspect of what you want a great amp to be. It was efficient as hell, played very fluidly, never got hot, etc.

it was honestly the best amp i have ever owned, and thats why i plan on purchasing another one.

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

Seems like they treated you very well, since they worked so well and did exactly what you wanted just recone them and put them back. Maybe up the softparts a little in case you add more powa but otherwise what I'd rather like to see a pretty face on that wall. I know its been sitting raw for quite sometime. Be sure to keep us posted with updates.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Seems like they treated you very well, since they worked so well and did exactly what you wanted just recone them and put them back. Maybe up the softparts a little in case you add more powa but otherwise what I'd rather like to see a pretty face on that wall. I know its been sitting raw for quite sometime. Be sure to keep us posted with updates.

hahahhaha. yea man... the wall is ugly as shit. im too indecisive to "finsh" it though. maybe this go-around i will

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

man that blows sorry :-/

its the name of the game! things go kaboom from time to time :)

It didnt really go "kaboom"... it just went "Zzzzzzzz" :rofl:

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

It didnt really go "kaboom"... it just went "Zzzzzzzz" :rofl:

i suppose you are correct. technicality FTW!

Edited by J00bles

hahahhaha. yea man... the wall is ugly as shit. im too indecisive to "finsh" it though. maybe this go-around i will

I don't know if I would call it indecisive so much as I would call it lazy. I know how big a pain it is making a wall pretty. I DO know that this build has remained relatively the same as far as the enclosure goes, so that tells me you are happy with the way it performs. What I'm trying to say is get to work and make it pretty for the ladies. :drinks:

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

What amp were you using when the subs died? Sorry if I missed it. Your only like 3ish hours from me. I'll have to come check it out when you get it rebuilt. I might be selling my AQ3500.1 next spring. Or buying another not sure yet.

edit.. Just looked through your youtube channel and seen your running two older DC2k's. I thought XL's were good til like 2-2.5k a piece?

Edited by Dan2427

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

I don't know if I would call it indecisive so much as I would call it lazy. I know how big a pain it is making a wall pretty. I DO know that this build has remained relatively the same as far as the enclosure goes, so that tells me you are happy with the way it performs. What I'm trying to say is get to work and make it pretty for the ladies. :drinks:

im very pleased with how the enclosure performs, and that is why it has remained almost entirely untouched for over a year. The reason i called it indecisiveness is because i have never been able to decide if i want to stain the baffle (its birch wood), paint it black, or carpet/vinyl it. tough!

What amp were you using when the subs died? Sorry if I missed it. Your only like 3ish hours from me. I'll have to come check it out when you get it rebuilt. I might be selling my AQ3500.1 next spring. Or buying another not sure yet.

edit.. Just looked through your youtube channel and seen your running two older DC2k's. I thought XL's were good til like 2-2.5k a piece?

I was using my "new" DC amps when i finally popped the coil. the system ran flawlessly on the aq3500 for 11 months, and they DAY i installed my new amps.... "poof" when that coil lol. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT XLS ARE RATED AT 1500RMS and at 1500 rms they were killer and never had any trouble at all. as soon as i bumped up to the 2000-2500 range, the smallest clipped signal completely fried that coil. i let me voltage dip under 12 and that is (presumably) what caused my issue to occur (especially on modified DC amps strapped @1)