I remember late 80s early 90s I was running all soundstream. Then a local dealer sold me on rockford and I switched out my class A to 3 200ixs. Had 2 bridged at 2 ohms on 2 soundstream spl15s and the other wired 1 ohm stereo running my highs awesome amps.

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I remember my brother had to 15" punch in his truck back in the 1990's early 90's at that. and he had this shirt that said" If your mirrors ain't shaking, then you've been take'n. or something real close to that...

and many props to all of those old school amps and equipment. heck I dont even think school was around back then.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Anyone out there with some Old School RF Punch Pro series 18's? The specific model is SPP-188? A fellow RF collector is doing a build using 4 of these and 2 were completely demolished by FedEx. LMK and I'll pass your info along to fingaz22. Thanks guys!

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

Hey where can you buy rockford headunits?

Ebay or Craiglist.

Rockford sells a RFX-9700cd but it is a Marine radio.

The 2600x was from 1994. See the timeline here:

Rockford Fosgate Old School Amp Timeline

Thanks man

BTW if anyone is interested in this amp for their collection pm me

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Alpine cda 9886

4 AA Mayhem 15"s dual 1.4

1 Dc 9k

10.5 cubes tuned at 36hz

156.1 dash 154.6 meca mod 4 157.0 kick

2 xs power d3100s

mechman 270 amp

2011 Ca state champ meca modified 4 and p&p 4..

VIDEOS.............BUILD LOG

Do you happen to have any pictures or magazine ads on the other Fosgate van that was running around. I know there was one that came to Illinois in like 1989-1990 that had 4 18's and the power 1000's in it. It was an astro van also.

That van is what got me hooked on Fosgate. I remember sitting in that Van at a car show in my area back then and it had tv's in it also. Still remember what he was playing on the tv. Michael Jackson videos "Speed Demon" and "Smooth Criminal".That is what I watch while I was getting a demo in that van.

Archived