Toughbook 31, Any of you familiar with these, worth the $4000 retail?

My bro has a brand new Toughbook 31 that he now wants me to sell so I can buy some of the tools that were recently stolen from me.

He got it from one of his customer in exchange of his $2000 tab being cleared from the store my bro works for. My bro payed it off by having 2hundred deducted from his weekly paycheck.So while he was paying it he never used it besides the one time he took it out of the box to make sure it worked, also because he mostly uses his ipad.

I mean is it really worth the money that all these stores have it for?

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.amazon.com/Toughbook-CF-31ATNAX1M-13-1-LED-Notebook/dp/B0046TDY7C&usg=AFQjCNFzbQWmiMYZDYdn_IF-bc_svyTp5Q&ei=B8p2TtXxH4ukjgT-1aDICg&ved=0CBgQqxIwAA

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx%3FItem%3DN82E16834150180%26nm_mc%3DOTC-Froogle%26cm_mmc%3DOTC-Froogle-_-Notebooks-_-Panasonic-_-34150180&usg=AFQjCNHyQvwwk0Lef4bsjbJBWXZQtVWVPg&ei=B8p2TtXxH4ukjgT-1aDICg&ved=0CBwQqxIwAQ

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://clickfrom.buy.com/default.asp%3Fadid%3D17902%26sURL%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.buy.com%252Fretail%252Fproduct.asp%253Fsku%253D217638787%2526sellerid%253D29410658&usg=AFQjCNEj9xIW37r-DIlnRS_njz_b-IsxwA&ei=B8p2TtXxH4ukjgT-1aDICg&ved=0CCAQqxIwAg

If so, do you think that if I put it on craigslist for lets say $2000 do you think it will sell?

Edited by 310_cutty

I used that exact tablet everyday @ work... They are EXTREMELY STRONG, I mean its hard to understand how strong they are!! I've dropped mine from my ambulance, and strecher 100 times, and dropped it from Fire truck, hospital beds, you name it, I dropped it. Everything is still 100% on that tank. YOur paying like a 2000$ premium for the skull that thing has. Excellent build quality!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I used that exact tablet everyday @ work... They are EXTREMELY STRONG, I mean its hard to understand how strong they are!! I've dropped mine from my ambulance, and strecher 100 times, and dropped it from Fire truck, hospital beds, you name it, I dropped it. Everything is still 100% on that tank. YOur paying like a 2000$ premium for the skull that thing has. Excellent build quality!

This^^^

My uncle who is a project manager for a construction company uses this for his everyday computer.

Said he wouldnt think twice about dropping 2k on another one.

BTW he dropped his from a 2nd story window into his truck bed before and it didnt leave a mark

hey if you think about it, your desktop isnt that strong :P or laptop. id keep it very good for school and stuff or if you work using a computer because if you slip and fall IT STILL WORKS. automatic win

system:

changes way to much...

Yeah I've read a few things on them but im not that computer savy so most of it I dont really understand.But when my bro first told me he had paid 2 grand for it I thought he had overpaid, but once I saw the retail price I was happy for him being that he had gotten it for half off. but we really dont have need fot it, he has his laptop and an Ipad I have my laptop and my iphone.

I'm just debating whether its worth the effort of putting it on Craigslist.

Yeah I've read a few things on them but im not that computer savy so most of it I dont really understand.But when my bro first told me he had paid 2 grand for it I thought he had overpaid, but once I saw the retail price I was happy for him being that he had gotten it for half off. but we really dont have need fot it, he has his laptop and an Ipad I have my laptop and my iphone.

You can try if it is on there more then a week or so i would look to sell it elsewhere you never know.

Similar Models have sold locally pretty quick and for around that price range, You never know someone may have had one and needs a new one.

We actually use these on the flight line for our TO's and other things. (I'm a crew chief in the Air Force) For what we use them for they're great. I've actually dropped one off my jet (A-10) and it still worked lol. Would I personally pay that much? No. But I don't have no reason for something as strong. I don't think you should have a huge issue of selling it tho. If Craigslist doesn't work I'd try eBay or other similar sites. GL with it.

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg

You can try if it is on there more then a week or so i would look to sell it elsewhere you never know.

Similar Models have sold locally pretty quick and for around that price range, You never know someone may have had one and needs a new one.

Yeah I'm prolly gonna post it up on CL and if that doesnt work then imma try ebay.I've just heard so much shit about ppl off of CL calling just to mess around and waste peoples time, you know just for fun.

We actually use these on the flight line for our TO's and other things. (I'm a crew chief in the Air Force) For what we use them for they're great. I've actually dropped one off my jet (A-10) and it still worked lol. Would I personally pay that much? No. But I don't have no reason for something as strong. I don't think you should have a huge issue of selling it tho. If Craigslist doesn't work I'd try eBay or other similar sites. GL with it.

Yeah I've seen videos where they get dropped off a few stories and also being put underwater with no issue. But like you said I also have no need for something this strong either. The cool thing that I like about it is that its touch screen and that it has a bunch of UBS ports.

Thanks for the tips bro, I'm gonna give both Ebay and CL a try.