stumped on my system setup

So I had a jl 12w7 and a rockford t1500bd hooked up in my car playing nicely together. Colorado winters are very cold,my dumbass turned the sub up too loud before it was fully warm and heard a pop/clip noise. system stoped working. Checked everything all power was good, all fuses were good,determined the amp was just dead. Ordered a new aq 1200d last week, it came in hooked it up right as the old amp was. No output what so ever. Metered the sub with a multimeter, impedence seems good. no noise when depressing cone, suspension feels tight, leads appear gravy, spider intact. checked all the connections, eliminated the headunit just used a headphone to 2 rcas pluged directly into the amp. gains are not all the way down,amp is on output master. Problem is I don't have any friends with systems to troubleshoot with so I'm rather stumped. Only time I got any response out of the sub was a small "pop" when I changed the amp from master output to slave. any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

sig.jpg

jl 12w7 ported @ 2cubes at 38hz

rockford fosgate t1500bd

is your remote wire in? its all i saw that you didnt put up.

and is the amp going into protect?

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

is your remote wire in? its all i saw that you didnt put up.

and is the amp going into protect?

The amp is coming on fine, There is no headunit being involved in the setup, but got nothing with the Y cable straight into the amp. I did not change any of the settings of the amp out of the box, I dont think any of the filters would completely remove all movement in the sub.I tried hooking up the bass knob and no luck either. I think the only thing to do is find someone with a another sub/amp and interchange to troubleshoot.

sig.jpg

jl 12w7 ported @ 2cubes at 38hz

rockford fosgate t1500bd

EDIT: NM saw you have a DMM ;) Check the RCA's to see if they are sending a signal.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Archived