Second Skin Audio

Hcca?

SundownSaz1500

Correct me if I'm wrong but I always hear about how its bad to mount them sideways...?? Something about the coils.

Hopefully someone who knows can chime in..

Just something to think abou if your planning on mounting them sideways if its true.

No its nothing with the coils its ok to mount them sideways if u have a support brace or bracket because of the weight of the magnet and "over-time" that could start to affect the woofer with all the weight and them being pounded all the time #justsaying. But mines are facing up though.

exactly, i think the main issue is the weight and price of the subs, you can get a lot of subs that handle more power or better quality for the price of one of these, i only bought mine cause i got a sweet deal on it. Mine is still in original shipping package from the factory, package says 87 pounds, so even accounting for box, Styrofoam and the inch thick mdf baffle its attached to, thats a heavy sub

i plan to mount mine sideways, but i am going to have like 2-3 braces that are form fitted to the subwoofer to make sure it weight is balanced proportionally

Then there u go problem about the mounting is solved. And btw these f*cking absolutely murder the lows hands down, but higher bass notes i really dont like them anyway but as a HCCA owner those could be a lil better. But then again that would require and change of box specs so u cant knock it until you've tried.

yea i originally wanted to do a tline or 6th order, but due to the size of this sub im just going standard ported with 6 inch aeroport and i think i got it at 35Hz tuning

it deff does hit them lows nicly. got mine in a 30 hz box and i like it. not extremly loud but hits the lower notes and moves some air. got 2500 watts unclampped and that thing aint anywhere near the xmax lol. sundown 3500 coming soon lol

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

Double baffle the mounting surface and use 3 inch screws you will be good, it will be a bish to get it to stay put while trying to do this. In the end if your planning to throw more than rated RMS at any sub its more important to set your gain right and have a properly built box. Good luck.

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Yea they are well built subs... I had one on only like 1200 or so, and the box was sealed, and it got plenty loud. Of course it would have sounded much better on 2500 and would have been a ton louder ported, but I was working with limited space. They are actually very good sealed drivers, too.

I would take one over an SA 12, ALL DAY. But just depends if you have the power. I would say no less than a clean 2000. Now if we start talking Sundown Nightshades, thats a diff story.

Archived