Second Skin Audio

Buying DD 3515...need help with box and amp!

dsmbasshead

My previous box was tuned to 35 hz and I like that frequency so I would like somewhere around there. So around 4.7 cubes and something around 1200-2000 rms will be good? Also, ive always done aero ports, can someone give me a quick explination on getting the port area with a slot port or hit me with a link? I can assemble the box and I know I want it around 35 hz, I just dont know how to calculate the dimensions of the port accordingly.

38733804225_large.jpg

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

N/A 420A MTX

DD 3515 Build Coming Soon!

1 Corinthians 10:31

whatthefitment.com

My Cardomain

Go to mobileinformationlabs.com and there is a port lenght calculator there, type in your box volume,the desired frequency tuning, and the height and width of your slot port and it will tell you the length of the port. Thats what i do. then you just subtract the port volume from the box volume.

2001 Dodge Ram

Kenwood Deck

Pioneer speakers

My previous box was tuned to 35 hz and I like that frequency so I would like somewhere around there. So around 4.7 cubes and something around 1200-2000 rms will be good? Also, ive always done aero ports, can someone give me a quick explination on getting the port area with a slot port or hit me with a link? I can assemble the box and I know I want it around 35 hz, I just dont know how to calculate the dimensions of the port accordingly.

Is the 4.7 cubes before or after displacements? And you can use Torres Calculator found in the Subwoofer Section. It's very user friendly, and accurate.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I played with the calculators and with 1" mdf and 27"x27"15" as the outside demensions, it said I need a 7(length)"x1(width)"x25(height)" port for 35 hz at 4.7 cubes. Does this mean at the edge of one side i leave a 1 " gap and cut a board 7"x25"?

38733804225_large.jpg

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

N/A 420A MTX

DD 3515 Build Coming Soon!

1 Corinthians 10:31

whatthefitment.com

My Cardomain

recone the sub to a ten. :)

I did an eclipse with a single 10" DD3510 doing a 147.9 @ 36hz on a Powerbass asa1500 with power clamped at 1130 watts. With a Powerbass xa3000d we got a 149.8 clamped at 1800 watts.

Then he upgraded his alternator, added a Batcap 2000 and went to a DD9510 doing 152+

We tried a few setups in his car, the single 10 was the best.

food for thought.

dude just use a port tube its so much easier, enter your box volume the the diameter of the tube you want for the frequency you want then it will tell you the length of the tube to get. You may have to play with the numbers a bit ( tuning and diameter )

2001 Dodge Ram

Kenwood Deck

Pioneer speakers

Archived