Second Skin Audio

Buying DD 3515...need help with box and amp!

dsmbasshead

Hey guys im purchasing a DD 3515 from a buddy and I need suggestions on a box and amp. I read on the DD website that 4.5 cubes is recommended for the DD, do yall agree and is that including sub, bracing and port or not? Also, what is a good tuning frequency for the box? As far as the amp, the wesite recommends 1200 rms, sois somewhere between 1000 and 1500 ok?

38733804225_large.jpg

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

N/A 420A MTX

DD 3515 Build Coming Soon!

1 Corinthians 10:31

whatthefitment.com

My Cardomain

it is not including displacement of sub port or bracing . if u give me the coil config i can try to help u with a amp for it i would say 1500-2000 rms and your in luck im selling a DD amp in the for sale section :yahoo:

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

My opinion? Build the spec box. Live with it for a while. If there is something about it you don't like, talk to RAM or Ray for a box design.

I haven't seen fecoupe around for a while, but he lurves DD. He would be another good choice.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

My opinion? Build the spec box. Live with it for a while. If there is someth

ing about it you don't like, talk to RAM or Ray for a box design.

I haven't seen fecoupe around for a while, but he lurves DD. He would be another good choice.

I was thinking the same thing. Fecupe has a 3515 doing 145s and up on around 1.5kw IIRC. Try to reach him on here or on Soundpressure to get advice and a design from him

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Hey guys, thanks for the shout out, i haven´t been around forums lately. Basshead, on your signature i can see you use an eclipse, first i would try to find someone on the forums that has already tried a few boxes on your car since i dunno what port/sub directions work better, i actually have never built a coupe like that lol, it might be sub back/port back, sub up/port back, i really don´t know, but i suggest you to find some information about that before building a box.

About the box , depends on the amount of power you are gonna use, i built a trunk car with a single DD 3515 and a dd m2 (1600 watts amp) wired at 1 ohm with a single battery, that car is doing a 145.9 @ 47 hz and bass racing a 145 dbs wich i think it´s a great score for a single sub in a trunk car, box specs are 4.1 cubic feet and 68SQ of port with a 41 hz tuning since he likes higher frequencies, but he can play strong from 37 hz without any problems, 4.5 cubic feet for a 3515 it´s too big IMO, i also built a Nissan Patrol with 2 3515´s using 5000 watts and it´s doing 151 and bass racing close to 149.9 dbs, that box is 8 cubic feet and 4 6" aeros, so i guess that 4-4.1 cubic feet it´s perfect for that single sub :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

the 3500 series like bigger boxes

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

I tried bigger and got better results using 4.1 cubic feet, but every case it´s different, he can try bigger if he wants, recommend him a box then and he could even try both of them or take yours and shrink it a little bit to see if he likes it better on a smaller internal space :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Bro id put about a 2000 watt amp on that mug and turn the gain down a bit so it wont distort, then id put it in 4.2 cubic ft box, this is after port, so aim for about 4.7 cubic feet when its still a sealed box, then by the time the port and subwoofer are in place, you will be down to 4.2 or 4.3, this is if you port at around 30 to 34 herts

2001 Dodge Ram

Kenwood Deck

Pioneer speakers

the 3500 series like bigger boxes

My 3515 in 4.5cubes on a DC2k with 16sqin per cube tuned to 37 was only doing 140s. I built Fecupes, and though I never metered it, to the ear (and vehicle lol) it was more violent.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Archived