HPF makes my woofer very quiet

nitwimp

Go to menu and look for pro eq then L/O mode and switch it to SUBW.

totally, and its working. but i still cant adjust the bass. i can adjust subwoofer level but not bass. bass is stuck at -6.

do u have eq on user?

Yes. bass is the only one that cannot be adjusted. treble mids and subwoofer power are just fine.

what if...do you have the setting DEFEAT??

if the defeat is on then your sub wont play

just if you have turn the defeat off...and then try asjusting your bass level

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

no success with trying different preouts

any body else have any ideas, maybe new head unit? ugh..

You have to change your deck settings too. Change your rear preamps to Sub preamps.

this. then a subwoofer level control will be available in the settings also along with a LPF for the subwoofer. i think its 0-8.

2.5V/4CH Preamp Output: The KD-R620 is equipped with two pair of 2.5V preamp outputs (Front, Rear/SW). You can set the Rear/SW preamp outputs for connecting a pair of full-range rear speakers (through an external amplifier) or for connecting a subwoofer (through an external amplifier). When set for rear speakers, the rear outputs operate with the unit's fader control. When set for subwoofer, the outputs are non-fading.

Built-in Crossovers: The JVC KD-R620 features a built-in high-pass filter for the unit's front & rear speakers and a low-pass filter for the unit's subwoofer output.

High-Pass Filter: You can activate a high-pass filter (fixed) for the unit's front & rear channels (speaker- or preamp-level), so low frequency signals are cut off from your system's front & rear speakers.

Low-Pass Filter: When the unit's Rear/SW preamp output is set to Subwoofer, you can set the cutoff frequency of the low-pass filter at 55Hz, 85Hz, or 120Hz.

Subwoofer Level: When the unit's Rear/SW preamp output is set to Subwoofer, you can adjust the head unit's subwoofer level between 0 and 8.

Yes correct i am able to adjust the subwoofer level but i am not able to adjust the bass level. it is stuck at -6. this is my problem. i had my stuff plugged in right the first time.

With JVC, you have to push the big button in after you make your adjustments. If you hit any other button, for some reason, it won't save your settings...unless your problem is different than that.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

no success with trying different preouts

any body else have any ideas, maybe new head unit? ugh..

You have to change your deck settings too. Change your rear preamps to Sub preamps.

this. then a subwoofer level control will be available in the settings also along with a LPF for the subwoofer. i think its 0-8.

2.5V/4CH Preamp Output: The KD-R620 is equipped with two pair of 2.5V preamp outputs (Front, Rear/SW). You can set the Rear/SW preamp outputs for connecting a pair of full-range rear speakers (through an external amplifier) or for connecting a subwoofer (through an external amplifier). When set for rear speakers, the rear outputs operate with the unit's fader control. When set for subwoofer, the outputs are non-fading.

Built-in Crossovers: The JVC KD-R620 features a built-in high-pass filter for the unit's front & rear speakers and a low-pass filter for the unit's subwoofer output.

High-Pass Filter: You can activate a high-pass filter (fixed) for the unit's front & rear channels (speaker- or preamp-level), so low frequency signals are cut off from your system's front & rear speakers.

Low-Pass Filter: When the unit's Rear/SW preamp output is set to Subwoofer, you can set the cutoff frequency of the low-pass filter at 55Hz, 85Hz, or 120Hz.

Subwoofer Level: When the unit's Rear/SW preamp output is set to Subwoofer, you can adjust the head unit's subwoofer level between 0 and 8.

Yes correct i am able to adjust the subwoofer level but i am not able to adjust the bass level. it is stuck at -6. this is my problem. i had my stuff plugged in right the first time.

With JVC, you have to push the big button in after you make your adjustments. If you hit any other button, for some reason, it won't save your settings...unless your problem is different than that.

no ha im pre sure im hitting the right button.

reset the unit and start over with default settings. see if that gets rid of that bass level issue

again if u didnt read, bass level is for 60hz and up and really wont add much to the subwoofers output except for rock songs. most rap/loud music is 60hz and below

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

try holding it for a couple of secconds the button while pushing it

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

reset the unit and start over with default settings. see if that gets rid of that bass level issue

Yea, this, cause if you're doing it all correctly and you cannot change these settings, then something needs reset.

I have a JVC deck close to that one and I would set my EQ and hit the back button and my settings wouldn't stay. Took me a few "fuck!"s later before I had a D'Oh! moment

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

sayhuh..you have a golf??

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Archived