Sonic Electronix

yesterday i tried grounding my amp on my jeep and i couldn't get a good ground. any advice. the vehicle is a 2000 jeep cherokee. my dad said the body might sit on rubber bushings could that be why i cant get a good ground?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

oh also my dad suggested adding another battery ground and then grounding through the body to the frame since i have two 3ft pieces of 0 gauge

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

More info? Where were you grounding? What amp? How do you know you weren't getting a good ground what was it doing? Did you do big 3? Size wire your using?

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

More info? Where were you grounding? What amp? How do you know you weren't getting a good ground what was it doing? Did you do big 3? Size wire your using?

db link 0 gauge 2x knu concepts 4 gauge.

no big three yet

fultron memphis belle 6 channel 600 watt amp

tried the floor near the frame rail, tried the fender and i tried on the lower c pillar.

used a dmm and it was only reading .735 volts

Edited by bass_stalker

Used a dmm were? On the power wire or ground? Check fuse if you have it just cause it looks good doesn't mean it is. Also factory body panels should be fine for your power sounds like you have a bad connection also your using a 0g to 4g block or splitter? Could be your culprit also test voltage goin in and coming out

Edited by dc98hoe

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Used a dmm were? On the power wire or ground? Check fuse if you have it just cause it looks good doesn't mean it is. Also factory body panels should be fine for your power sounds like you have a bad connection

i attached the dmm to my power going into the amp, and then touched it to where i was grounding. i didn't check at my fuse holder yet. I'm gonna check that soon. all three of my anl fuses look fine. and i checked all the fuses on the amp

yeah i do have the distro block let me check it out

Edited by bass_stalker

i would do the big three.... (main thing grounding the battery straight to the frame which HAS to be bare metal as with any ground.) then try grounding your amp to the body ( again BARE metal) and take a reading on your DMM then. i think they were right when they said the body sits on rubber bushings in your jeep. after all it is a jeep they are known for their offroad capabilities.... they probably do it to make the ride more comfortable on stiffer springs. have you ever noticed any other body grounds on any other circuit? (brake lights, dome lights) i bet they all go to the frame someway or another. just my 2 cents :)

-jarrid

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

i would do the big three and also run at least 1 0 gauge wire from the frame in the rear to the body so you know you have a good grounds ...also make sure all grounding points are clean bare metal...when u do ground to the body from the inside i would use at least a 8mm/ 5/16 bolt with nut and lock washers.....i usually use my seat belt bolts cause there is a wide piece of metal to act as a clamp.and a extra batts is NEVER a bad idea...good luck hope this helps u get that powa

1995 Honda passport 3.2 4x4 Frankenstein on a budget

ballistics sound deader (roof only so far)

kenwood mp3 usb

audio control 3 (upgrading)

hifonics mx-3

3 sets of massive px5 5.25s

3 sets of massive tweets

phonix gold 5.25 componets

x2 massive nx4 nano 200x4 mids

sony xplod 600x4 watt high's

2 Fi bl fully loaded box walled @31ish hz

13.2 cube box/wall

massive DB8000

Excessive amaperge 250 amp alt wir extrnl regulator

daul runs of xs power xpflex 0 gauge

big 3

raptor 0 gauge power/ground wire full run

suriken 45 amp hour x3 shriken bt-120 batts,interstate 1100CA semi batt

scytek galaxy 2way alarm

still upgradeing!

I saw a substantial increase in both my charging voltage (rose from 13.6 to 13.9) and a more constant voltage under load by grounding directly to my battery versus the seat belt bolt I was using before that... So I'd suggest grounding to the battery

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.