Ha ! :) LOL Check this out......

Orion, do you mean, not much bass ? Or just an overall, not very loud recording ?

Because again, the first copy I got from AmazonMp3.com was not very loud either. But the second copy I found sounds MUCH louder (on my PC anyway).

I'm not sure which copy Colin used to start with, but the louder version I found, might not need any tweaking at all.

I'll know tomorrow when I play it in my truck.....

But I'm going to be offline for a couple days due to a move :( So hopefully, I will still be able to post tomorrow evening...

Fish

Better than the original, but still not that loud in my car. :shrug:

Update;

Okay, so this evening I got to listen to the louder recording that I downloaded a couple nights ago from AmazonMp3.com.....

And yes, it's a LOT louder. It could maybe be boosted overall, by maybe just 5% or 10%..... But it sounds really freaking good. Super deep kicks. No long bass notes, but great for SQ and seperation.

Anyway, I'd like to listen to Colin's bass boost version..... But nobody ever answered if I have to register with that place to download this one song ??? Doesn't seem to be working otherwise....

Fish

Fish, You shouldn't have to register- just wait for the timer to tick down and then select "Regular Download"

Should work for ya.

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Okay Colin, so check it out....

We were able to get it downloaded to my room mates PC, and from there we just dropped it straight to my flash drive, and popped it in my truck....

And guess what ? Remember I kept saying I had a quieter version, and then I downloaded a much louder (overall) version ??? Well it's totally obvious that you {inadvertently} started out with the quieter version, then boosted the bass on it....

Because now I have 3 versions of it;

1) clean but not loud at all

2) clean, and much louder (maybe needs to be just a touch louder + maybe a tiny bit of bass boost)

3) your version, which is quieter like my original version, but a lot more bass.

So hey, I hate to keep bugging you.... But if you want to start out with the louder (better) version, I got it from AmazonMp3.com and it's titled Under The Sea - with The Little Mermaid and Friends...... while the quieter version just says, with The Little Mermaid

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_13?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=under+the+sea+little+mermaid&sprefix=under+the+sea

OR if you don't want to mess with it anymore, can you tell me the program you use for bass boosting ? Is their a free (trial) version of it ? Heck, maybe I could fix that Pumped Up Kicks song at the same time.....

Much thanks,

Fish

Fish, You shouldn't have to register- just wait for the timer to tick down and then select "Regular Download"

Should work for ya.

Okay Colin, so check it out....

We were able to get it downloaded to my room mates PC, and from there we just dropped it straight to my flash drive, and popped it in my truck....

And guess what ? Remember I kept saying I had a quieter version, and then I downloaded a much louder (overall) version ??? Well it's totally obvious that you {inadvertently} started out with the quieter version, then boosted the bass on it....

Because now I have 3 versions of it;

1) clean but not loud at all

2) clean, and much louder (maybe needs to be just a touch louder + maybe a tiny bit of bass boost)

3) your version, which is quieter like my original version, but a lot more bass.

So hey, I hate to keep bugging you.... But if you want to start out with the louder (better) version, I got it from AmazonMp3.com and it's titled Under The Sea - with The Little Mermaid and Friends...... while the quieter version just says, with The Little Mermaid

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_13?url=search-alias%3Ddigital-music&field-keywords=under+the+sea+little+mermaid&sprefix=under+the+sea

OR if you don't want to mess with it anymore, can you tell me the program you use for bass boosting ? Is their a free (trial) version of it ? Heck, maybe I could fix that Pumped Up Kicks song at the same time.....

Much thanks,

Fish

Most people just use Audacity which is a free program.

Should work for ya.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

Yep. Audacity.

Meh- I got the song once, not in the mood to pay more. :shrug:

Gonna' check on a re-edit on the one I already have....

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Ok- here is the deal: The songs transients are so HUGE that there really isn't much room to boost the vocals before clipping.

My original song had virtually no clipping in it and I had boosted the vocals as high as I could. I just did another one and boosted the vocals and even took a bit out of the high parts in the transients (before it clipped)- then boosted the rest (effectively making the vocals and highs sound louder on the whole). I'm afraid it turned out pretty much like the original one- but I'm pretty sure this one has even more bass.

When editing, I don't do clipping. I just won't. Bad for equipment and the ears.

So: here is the second one....

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5IK6HADN

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Ok, I took Colin's 2nd attempt and did some amplifying. Audible difference in sound level.

DOWNLOAD: Under The Sea

Since there were so many random peaks there were to the full db limit I highlighted the sections that could be amplified and did it as much as they could, then I use the equalization tool and boosted everything 1000hz & up by a few db, very very minimal clipping after this. Let me know what you think

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Wonderbread, this version sounds great on my PC / headphones. Downloaded really easy too.

Will go through all of these different versions today, pick the best one, and delete the rest.

Much thanks,

Fish

BTW, I downloaded audacity last night.... Worked great, except for one thing, I tried until 2am to get the .aup files converted to .Mp3's..... Never could. That LAME thing, certainly is !

I guess this might need a whole other thread..... But anyway....

Ok, I took Colin's 2nd attempt and did some amplifying. Audible difference in sound level.

DOWNLOAD: Under The Sea

Since there were so many random peaks there were to the full db limit I highlighted the sections that could be amplified and did it as much as they could, then I use the equalization tool and boosted everything 1000hz & up by a few db, very very minimal clipping after this. Let me know what you think

Archived