I have spent literally 4+ hours trying to convert .AUP files to Mp3's !

YES, of course I downloaded the piece of $#!+ LAME decoder (perfect name for it BTW) So I open up the FoxTab thing, and I get to where it says to import file.... But when I go to my desktop (where I have these couple of .AUP files that I want to convert) I can't find them on the drop down list ???

Is this POS FoxTab program the "only" one that can convert AUP to Mp3's ? Hell, I don't even care if I have to upload the file to some online thing, then bring it back to my PC (tried that once too.... after the program said, "Will convert any file type"..... except AUP I guess... effing POS)

Uhhhh..... So yea WTF ???

Fish

I always just used Audacity's built-in export as MP3 feature. You have to download the encoder and then re-open audacity, but it enables the option to File->Export and then choose MP3 File in the dropdown. Also gives you the ability to add song metadata (track names, artist, etc.) before encoding

Edited by Maxim

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Yes... Okay. That LAME decoder just wasn't making it to where it needed to be.... But after all those hours of beating my head off the wall, I finally got that straight.

Just one more litlle thing though, and honestly, I don't even know if audacity will let me do this.... But once I finally got my redone versions converted to Mp3's, it saved them at a crappy 128bps ? Is there some way I can bump that up to at least 256bps... or a little higher ???

Thanks again,

Fish

I always just used Audacity's built-in export as MP3 feature. You have to download the encoder and then re-open audacity, but it enables the option to File->Export and then choose MP3 File in the dropdown. Also gives you the ability to add song metadata (track names, artist, etc.) before encoding

Yes... Okay. That LAME decoder just wasn't making it to where it needed to be.... But after all those hours of beating my head off the wall, I finally got that straight.

Just one more litlle thing though, and honestly, I don't even know if audacity will let me do this.... But once I finally got my redone versions converted to Mp3's, it saved them at a crappy 128bps ? Is there some way I can bump that up to at least 256bps... or a little higher ???

Thanks again,

Fish

When you hit File->Export, in teh box that pops up for you to type in the filename, hit "Options" in the lower right :good:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt