Reasonable price for Viper 5901 Install?

The good thing about Best buy is that they are DEI certified to so you should get a lifetime warranty on the install.

WRONG!

Since the alarm was most likely not bought at bestbuy, there is no warranty to be offered... So if you bought the unit from an online company, you might as well return it, because your attempt to save yourself a few bucks, is going to cost you much much more with NO warranty! That is unless you can do it yourself...

The last time I talked with our DEI rep, he said they are no longer shipping the instructions in the boxes to prevent DIYers from doing the alarms themselves, since Dealers know how to do installs, and they will not honer any warrnty claim brought to them that does not have a receipt for the instal/and alarm purchase from a DEI dealer.

And FYI, Most shops will charge you an arm and a leg to install an alarm that was not bought from their store.

Most shops will charge 400-600 for the alarm & install, but this usually does not include any Xpress Kit bypass need for most newer vehicles.

Really? That must be new cause I got a lifetime warranty on mine and I bought it online too.

You obviously brought it Bestbuy.com. But I dont care for a warranty, as long as they do what I pay them to and and install it correctly my insurance will cover the rest, :lol:

No I didn't buy my alarm from Best buy. But I did buy it online and Best buy will give you a lifetime warranty on the install NOT on the equipment (I am sure you will get some kind of warranty if you buy the alarm from them though).

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

If you did not buy the alarm from BESTBUY but you had BESTBUY install it, the only thing BESTBUY can Warranty is the wiring. BESTBUY can not warranty the alarm unit, because they did not sell it... So if it would be that BESTBUY wired something wrong and blew your brain, you are SCREWED!

Personally, I wouldnt trust most bestbuy installers especially when you get into vehicles with CANBUS, MECP cert is all reading, not hands on, and in the field training, makes it hard for me to believe most know what they are doing.

Also, if your remote start / alarm malfunctions and needs to be warrantied, the shop has to pull the unit out, send it in etc etch, with proof of purchuse, a random Joe Blow sending the product in will not be accepted. It will need to be warrantied thru a dealer it was bought from. So an Online retailer would not work...

ANY online reseller of any Directed Electronics Inc Alarm (viper, clifford, avatil, autostart, python, etc) HAS NO WARRANTY!!! Because these are often being sold illegal. Directed does not offer any sort of online dealers for alarms.

This is to protect their Dealers!

This is to protect their Company from lawsuits of some Joe Blow installing a remote start/alarm on a manual vehicle, and starting the car when in gear and running over a kid. (yes it has happened more then once).

And yes I work Part-Time for a shop that deals with DEI.

I also attended DEI seminars.

Here is a little proof that I have access to Directed. Only dealers can access Directwire informationy, and you can see my name saying im logged in..

directwire.png

If you did not buy the alarm from BESTBUY but you had BESTBUY install it, the only thing BESTBUY can Warranty is the wiring. BESTBUY can not warranty the alarm unit, because they did not sell it... So if it would be that BESTBUY wired something wrong and blew your brain, you are SCREWED!

Personally, I wouldnt trust most bestbuy installers especially when you get into vehicles with CANBUS, MECP cert is all reading, not hands on, and in the field training, makes it hard for me to believe most know what they are doing.

ANY online reseller of any Directed Electronics Inc Alarm (viper, clifford, avatil, autostart, python, etc) HAS NO WARRANTY!!! Because these are often being sold illegal. Directed does not offer any sort of online dealers for alarms.

This is to protect their Company from lawsuits of some Joe Blow installing a remote start/alarm on a manual vehicle, and starting the car when in gear and running over a kid. (yes it has happened more then once).

Here is a little proof that I have access to Directed. Only dealers can access Directwire informationy, and you can see my name saying im logged in..

directwire.png

That is all that I said would be warrantied. I thought if you bought from a authorized DEI dealer your manufacture warranty would be honored? Like if you bought from Sonic electronics or some on like that. Your saying DEI would not honor the manufacture warranty? Not trying to start a pissing match just wondering. You are right about buying an alarm online and taking it to someone... It will end up costing you the same or more in some cases then it would have if you bought it and had it installed by the same shop. Most places offer some kind of install deal but the really the only way to save money by buying online is to install it yourself.

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

shops around here charge $100 a hour and they say 4-6 hours for auto start! I charge $50-$75 a hour at my shop normally charge $275-$350 a auto start! Normal alarms i charge $100-150! My prices are with parts!

IF (not saying it does!!!) a car alarm take 4hour u have to think the shop has to pay that employee for 4 hours to do just your car when a good install can make the shop alot more money with other installs in that 4 hours! They also normally have other employees to pay and have bills to pay so they need to make a profit!

Plus i haven't met any installer that enjoys doing car alarms lol ikno i hate it and pawn it off when ever i can lol!

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

XtremeAudioInnovations.com

Facebook.com/xtremeaudio321

4 linked c notched bagged

Fiberglass door panels (5 speakers per door)

That is all that I said would be warrantied. I thought if you bought from a authorized DEI dealer your manufacture warranty would be honored? Like if you bought from Sonic electronics or some on like that. Your saying DEI would not honor the manufacture warranty? Not trying to start a pissing match just wondering. You are right about buying an alarm online and taking it to someone... It will end up costing you the same or more in some cases then it would have if you bought it and had it installed by the same shop. Most places offer some kind of install deal but the really the only way to save money by buying online is to install it yourself.

DEI, has NO AUTHORIZED INTERNET SALES OF ALARMS... NONE... Its right on their website...

I wonder how that works then cause Sonic's offers a warranty. It must be just a warranty that they offer themselves?

DEI, has NO AUTHORIZED INTERNET SALES OF ALARMS... NONE... Its right on their website...

I wonder how that works then cause Sonic's offers a warranty. It must be just a warranty that they offer themselves?

Possibly a warranty threw themselfs, or they are just telling a white lie to move product.. Since DEI would laugh in SonicElectronix face and any other online retailers selling their product.

But directed will not cover the product with warranty even if its installed at a dealer of theirs, but bought at an online retailer..

Also, if your remote start / alarm malfunctions and needs to be warrantied, the shop has to pull the unit out, send it in etc etch, with proof of purchuse, a random Joe Blow sending the product in will not be accepted. It will need to be warrantied thru a dealer it was bought from. So an Online retailer would not work...

directwire.png

i EFFIN love directtechs lol. hopefully my boss will get me my own name so i can stop use other peoples lol...and this is why most shops dont do great. god dam internet sales

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

Possibly a warranty threw themselfs, or they are just telling a white lie to move product.. Since DEI would laugh in SonicElectronix face and any other online retailers selling their product.

But directed will not cover the product with warranty even if its installed at a dealer of theirs, but bought at an online retailer..

Wait?? what you mean there are dishonest sellers on the internet... hahahahaah

Archived