Reasonable price for Viper 5901 Install?

I just brought a Viper 5901 and I have been calling shops for install prices but some of these price quote are goofy. I was quoted almost 3 x's the price I paid for the complete security system.

The couple of quotes I received from local audio shops were $850 at one and $450 - $650 at another. Bestbuy was the best price so far with $450 and they said that depends on any additional things I need.

I am going to try calling a few other places but just wanted to know what were some of the prices you guys paid and where did you go?

alarms are not easy what car do you have/

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

power locks windows? remote start or no? any additional sensors

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

power locks windows? remote start or no? any additional sensors

The windows and locks are currently powered. The kit comes with remote start but if I have to pay extra for that then don't want it activated. I have tilt, shock and radar field sensors.

I only brought the alarm for 2 way page capability and doubt i would ever use the remote start feature.

each sensor is more to hookup and configure. alot of places dont want to do the alarm instlal because you didnt get it from them. thats also part of the reason your price is elevated.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

each sensor is more to hookup and configure. alot of places dont want to do the alarm instlal because you didnt get it from them. thats also part of the reason your price is elevated.

Yeah thats what the place told me that charged $850, which sucks bc i am giving them so much business with my car audio install. I would be happy to pay for their time but the markup is ridiculous.

I usually charge about $400 to install them including modules. You bring me everything it's $250 and no warranty. If I have to put in lock actuators on that car it's $100 a door, since they're cables

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Thanks for the reply. Bestbuy is looking like the best option right now. But the first quote I got was $850 and this was from a shop that I already brought them so much business. So I was thinking they would have given me the best deal but boy was I wrong.

Archived