Second Skin Audio

2 Sundown sa-10's or 2 Skar vvx-10's

similar subs....

What do you mean by similar?

thats the major difference between the skar and sa?

The major differences... the entire motor, coil, cone, surround, dust cap, frame, etc.

The list of what isn't different is much shorter... the spider and triple joint ring are the same, and that is it :drink40:

I'm not sure where all this talk about them being the same woofer came from... yes, I did design them but I designed them to meet the goals of Skar Audio for their product line. There is more than one way to design a good quality woofer after all.

They will sound quite a bit different from one another and excel in different areas.

The SA is a bit more rugged thermally at the maximum end of the spectrum but the Skar is no slouch and is well above average for a 600-watt rated speaker.

Comparison pics between SA-12, Skar VVX-12 and Obsidian -12

IMG_20110129_184632.jpg

IMG_20110129_184659.jpg

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 799x597.IMG_20110129_184716.jpg

IMG_20110129_184729.jpg

Edited by Grey_Fox

these subs are VERY different...i have ran both; both are good and both serve 2 distinct purposes...what are your goals OP?

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

these subs are VERY different...i have ran both; both are good and both serve 2 distinct purposes...what are your goals OP?

Well I'm running an 8" and 6.5" pro audio mid in each front door and want my sub stage to keep up, but I need the trunk space. So mainly sq but want to be able to shake it up when I need to.

Skar would be a nice looking sub if they would change thier logo...maybe thier name too.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

since you said sq was a primary concern, go with the skars. In my opinion, they sound alot better then SA's. The response is much flatter, and they have alot more authority below 40hz. In addition, my skar is actually louder then my SA was, so no worries at all about a lack of output. And I abuse mine way beyond its rated limits, so build is very stout as well

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP