I got in my DD-1 today and gotta say I'm very impressed in the increased loudness and clarity of my system, I have all the EQ's still flat on my HU and it sounds GREAT!

Only one question I have is I set my DC 3.5k with the remote gain knob in the middle (as the instructions said) and when I turn up the system to near its max volume the clip light on the knob stays on even with the knob all the way down. I know the clip light isn't a very accurate or reliable measure of clipping, but I was just curious if anyone has had the same outcome?

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

What tone did you use? -5, -10, or -15?

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
DC 3.5k
Hertz HDP4 Amp
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

You're probably playing music recorder higher than that. Set it at -5. Especially if you play Decaf.

I'll try it out at all the different levels to see what works best, I just figured I'd go ahead and try loudest first :pardon:

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
DC 3.5k
Hertz HDP4 Amp
XS Power D2400 Up Front

If you set it with a tone at -15, then play a song that peaks at -5, it is gonna be clipped. I set my gain using the -10 track and the bass knob at 3/4. Now with Decaf songs, I only turn the the knob to around half. Some quiet recordings I can turn the knob all the way up. You'll get the hang of it.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Yeah I'm sure it'll just take a little bit of practice to get it all dialed in right, thanks for the suggestions! :drinks:

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
DC 3.5k
Hertz HDP4 Amp
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i know the manual says to set the gain to half, but i dont exactly agree with it. id do what steve did in his vid. check the HU max volume, then set the amp gains, then turn the bass boost up on the control til the DD1 sees clipping, and mark it at that point. that way you can turn it up to that point and still not be clipping. just a suggestion and how steve did it. also just what i would prefer also. but yeah, i would set it at -5 or -10, and like he said, if you listen to decaf, -5. hope you get it all tuned in how you like.

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

if you play modern rap/dubstep you should use -5db for safety. there are plenty of songs straight from a cd as loud or louder than that. Using -10db or -15db will cause clipping at the sub amp. Classical/Jazz-Blues/Country type music is rarely above -10db, usually around -15db for the sub bass... so i would only use those db settings if no rap/dubstep is being played

know ur system and its limits. and keep in mind clipping correlates directly to an increase of current draw. this will be reflected in more voltage drop. so obviously do not dip below 12.5v unless u want depleted batteries and dimming lights

TeamSundown-sig.jpg