Second Skin Audio

Help... 1 12" BTL aq 2200d, stupid car audio shops!

rgriffin83

no one looked up the performance of the stock alt, which is 150 amps. that should be enough for the amp. replace backseat battery with xs power and probably have another one sitting in the trunk. do big 3 in 1/0. as far as tuning gains, have the remote knob at half and the volume at 3/4 playing a 50hz track (or highest volume without speakers distorting) and turn the amp gain up till the red light on the knob starts to blink then you're set.

How would I tune the amp with this setup? gains and hz?

I'd suggest get a dd-1 to set the gains. Its easy to use. Good luck with everything :drinks:

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

I would recommend for you to build the box correctly too. Make sure it is tuned correctly and use a good program. IT sounds that they already advise you on the electrical correctly. I would do XS power because kinetic tends to bubble (I heard) so, XS is a safer battery for me personally.

Another piece of advice; DO not use any cheap sound dedner! Stay away from r-blox or peel and seal. If you want to do things right use good/great known brands such as second skin or Raamat for example.

Good luck in your build and BTW, where are the pics?

but I want the amp with enough power to run the btl strong! I dont wanna half power it.. will the 150amp alt do this? and is the dynomatt in the trunk help much?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

kinetik 1200 (under the hood)

kinetik 2400 (dedicated to the sub)

Mids and highs coming soon!

I would recommend for you to build the box correctly too. Make sure it is tuned correctly and use a good program. IT sounds that they already advise you on the electrical correctly. I would do XS power because kinetic tends to bubble (I heard) so, XS is a safer battery for me personally.

Another piece of advice; DO not use any cheap sound dedner! Stay away from r-blox or peel and seal. If you want to do things right use good/great known brands such as second skin or Raamat for example.

Good luck in your build and BTW, where are the pics?

so the box its in tuned to 30hz and a 80 in port wont work? I mean how far off is it?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

kinda new to the advanced installs, what is a sound deadener?

Look up secondskin. They are partners on here

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

kinda new to the advanced installs, what is a sound deadener?

Look up secondskin. They are partners on here

Ok, got it. like dynomatt. Should this be ran through the whole car or just the trunk?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

Archived