Second Skin Audio

Help... 1 12" BTL aq 2200d, stupid car audio shops!

rgriffin83

ok, I have a 2005 cadillac sts (backseat battery) and I just bought 1 12" fully loaded fi btl and a aq 2200d amp. A couple questions, should I need a alt upgrade to help power the batteries? If so what size? 200? 300? Would just a good battery under the hood and a kinetic 2400 work? How should I set this up power wise? 2nd, the so called "car audio" installers in my area are retarted, out of 4 shops, not 1 installer has even heard of a fi btl, much less installed one. They are all used to dealer with overpriced crap like j7 and kicker and keep telling me that they never heard of a fi and i should get a damn solobaric! I asked 1 guy if they did big 3 upgrades and he told me he never heard of it! But insisted that I should get a w7 because its the best ever. Now I know what I have researched and seen already hooked up but would not attempt to put this system together myself but really dont want any of these guys touching it! any ideas on if i do have to though, tuning specs on it in a box made out of birch tuned to 30hz. 80 in port area. 3.1 cubes? And what power to run it? Anyone near pensacola, Fl that can help? Any advice at all?!?! Please help lol...

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

kinetik 1200 (under the hood)

kinetik 2400 (dedicated to the sub)

Mids and highs coming soon!

You should be fine with a good battery up front and the one you mentioned in the back, I ran an AQ2200 with a HC1400 under the hood and a HC2000 in the trunk with very little voltage drop

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

ok, I have a 2005 cadillac sts (backseat battery) and I just bought 1 12" fully loaded fi btl and a aq 2200d amp. A couple questions, should I need a alt upgrade to help power the batteries? If so what size? 200? 300? Would just a good battery under the hood and a kinetic 2400 work? How should I set this up power wise? 2nd, the so called "car audio" installers in my area are retarted, out of 4 shops, not 1 installer has even heard of a fi btl, much less installed one. They are all used to dealer with overpriced crap like j7 and kicker and keep telling me that they never heard of a fi and i should get a damn solobaric! I asked 1 guy if they did big 3 upgrades and he told me he never heard of it! But insisted that I should get a w7 because its the best ever. Now I know what I have researched and seen already hooked up but would not attempt to put this system together myself but really dont want any of these guys touching it! any ideas on if i do have to though, tuning specs on it in a box made out of birch tuned to 30hz. 80 in port area. 3.1 cubes? And what power to run it? Anyone near pensacola, Fl that can help? Any advice at all?!?! Please help lol...

This is the perfect opportunity for you to show these idiots up....

Here's some advice....

Get the biggest alt that you can afford: Look at DC Power alternators, Singer alternators, or Excessive Amperage..

Next look at XS power or kinetik for batteries, get one to replace your stock battery under the hood (or well backseat) and the biggest second you can afford in the back. If you can't afford to replace the stock battery too then just get an extra XS or kinetik battery.

Next tell that idiot who doesn't know what the big 3 is to look it up and make sure you do it in 1/0 gauge wire.

Next tell whoever told you to ditch the Fi and get a solobaric or w7 to shove those subs up their asses because the Fi BTL will shit on them all day (sorry kicker and JL fans).

Also I wouldn't tune to 30 hertz, you're gonna lose A LOT of upper end output, so I would tune to 35 hertz and you will still murder the lows, but still get awesome upper end.

Anyways I am sure there is somebody near you that will help you out that knows what they are doing, check around here on SMD.

After you get all this installed make sure you go back to those audio shops and show them whats up!

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

You should be fine with a good battery up front and the one you mentioned in the back, I ran an AQ2200 with a HC1400 under the hood and a HC2000 in the trunk with very little voltage drop

I would rather see a new alternator up front for him because if he will be spending $200-250 on a new battery up front, he should just put that toward a new alternator... Remember his stock alternator might not be able to keep up with constantly charging two AGM batteries constantly and he will burn it up....

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

So one of the kinetik or XS batteries can replace my stock (under the hood) battery? Its not a different type of battery or? The biggest h/o alt I can find? Why so? A 250 wouldnt work? As far as "having" to get them install the system, is there recomendations on the system tuning as far as amp hz or gain, anything along those lines? Sorry if these seem like simple questions, I am not new to "ghetto rigging" people I know's audiopipe, kicker cvr's etc... but would not want to touch this one with all that could go wrong. To tell the truth on anything ive done I just tune the hz close to as low as it gets on the cheap amp (usually around 32) and blast the system turning the gain up until I think it cant take anymore then tune down a bit.. All the help I can get would be appreciated.

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

I wouldn't pay the shop to do you install. Have patience, and do a bunch of research and reading here on SMD. There is plenty of info to help you do it all yourself, and better than the shop. Not to mention all the knowledge here from guys that have been in car audio their whole lives. Start with the big 3, you can do it yourself.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I would like to myself but I have an 05 sts which the alternator is really hard too get to so I would still need the alternator and big 3 done for me, then when I install the system would have to get back to the alternator for the extra battery. Also dynomatt is a must for atleast the whole trunk to avoid all the rattle and buzzing right?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

and for 1 2ohm btl on a 1 ohm stable amp, I would have to wire the btl in series to cut it down to 1ohm right?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

I would like to myself but I have an 05 sts which the alternator is really hard too get to so I would still need the alternator and big 3 done for me, then when I install the system would have to get back to the alternator for the extra battery. Also dynomatt is a must for atleast the whole trunk to avoid all the rattle and buzzing right?

You can do the deadener yourself too. The second battery just runs from the first battery, no need to get back to the alternator.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived