Second Skin Audio

Help... 1 12" BTL aq 2200d, stupid car audio shops!

rgriffin83

I really hope you can do this stuff by yourself, the majority of car audio shop places are not that intelligent and of course are always trying to push their own CRAP. Now with that being said, the aq2200 will not pull that much current where you need a h/o alt if you have 2-3 good batteries. If you can afford and find a h/o alt then it is always recommended.

I have done installs that are not as extensive as this. (ghetto installs; audiopipes and other smaller name subs) all with no alt, battery, or big 3 upgrade so I know how to wire the sub and will probably try all this myself as long as I get some help from you great people! As far as big 3, What wires besides alt to battery need to be upgraded? Will this aq2200d be enough to push the HELL outta this btl? Should I go up to the 3500? When wiring sub to amp what guage wiring should I use as I dont see wiring it parallel with 0 guage will work? The guy I bought the sub from said he had this sub with same amp and no alt upgrade hitting 143db. Will this be possible?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

kinetik 1200 (under the hood)

kinetik 2400 (dedicated to the sub)

Mids and highs coming soon!

I have done installs that are not as extensive as this. (ghetto installs; audiopipes and other smaller name subs) all with no alt, battery, or big 3 upgrade so I know how to wire the sub and will probably try all this myself as long as I get some help from you great people! As far as big 3, What wires besides alt to battery need to be upgraded? Will this aq2200d be enough to push the HELL outta this btl? Should I go up to the 3500? When wiring sub to amp what guage wiring should I use as I dont see wiring it parallel with 0 guage will work? The guy I bought the sub from said he had this sub with same amp and no alt upgrade hitting 143db. Will this be possible?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

a 2200 sounds perfect for a btl. the other 2 wires to do the big 3 is engine to chassis ground and battery to chassis ground. you can use 8-12 gauge wire from the amp to the sub. also, on a cadillac I would get the system in before deadening the whole vehicle. those cars are pretty damn quiet as it is. you may find that you only have to deaden the trunk.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

ok so for 1 12 thats a dual 2 at 2 ohms, it would need to be ran parallel from coil to coil but series from sub to amp?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

Do some more research and you should be fine with that alternator.

Put a good XS Power in the trunk

For wiring subwoofers look up JL Wiring Diagram

Keep us posted, I know how it is starting out hopefully we can help you not make the silly mistakes that i did. lol!

answer to your question lies here. clik me!

first diagram is what your looking for

head-unit: pioneer avh p-4300DVD

2 Fi btl n2 18's

1 dc audio 5k

1 dc audio 175.4

4 sets of fusion CP-CM50 components

1 mechman 270 amp alt

3 XS Power D3400

80 Mil Sound Deadener by audio technix

all in my 2003 chevy suburban.

ok, I have a 2005 cadillac sts (backseat battery) and I just bought 1 12" fully loaded fi btl and a aq 2200d amp. A couple questions, should I need a alt upgrade to help power the batteries? If so what size? 200? 300? Would just a good battery under the hood and a kinetic 2400 work? How should I set this up power wise? 2nd, the so called "car audio" installers in my area are retarted, out of 4 shops, not 1 installer has even heard of a fi btl, much less installed one. They are all used to dealer with overpriced crap like j7 and kicker and keep telling me that they never heard of a fi and i should get a damn solobaric! I asked 1 guy if they did big 3 upgrades and he told me he never heard of it! But insisted that I should get a w7 because its the best ever. Now I know what I have researched and seen already hooked up but would not attempt to put this system together myself but really dont want any of these guys touching it! any ideas on if i do have to though, tuning specs on it in a box made out of birch tuned to 30hz. 80 in port area. 3.1 cubes? And what power to run it? Anyone near pensacola, Fl that can help? Any advice at all?!?! Please help lol...

Get on floridaspl and post this. There are a bunch of good builders and designers on there. I know there are a few people in jax that could help you. I would but I'm by Orlando.

to wire a dvc sub, i wont be able to run it at 1 ohm then? if i wire parallel/parallel it would be .5 ohm (too low) but if i wire parallel/series it will stay at 2 ohms (amp will onlt be at half power) can anyone explain how to fix?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

to wire a dvc sub, i wont be able to run it at 1 ohm then? if i wire parallel/parallel it would be .5 ohm (too low) but if i wire parallel/series it will stay at 2 ohms (amp will onlt be at half power) can anyone explain how to fix?

If you have one sub there is no "parallel/parallel" or "parallel/series. There is one set of coils that are in either parallel or series. If the sub is a d2 you can parallel the coils to 1 ohm. If the sub is a d1 just wire the coils in parallel to .5 ohm.

I would have someone help you with the whole build for sure.

Archived