Second Skin Audio

Help... 1 12" BTL aq 2200d, stupid car audio shops!

rgriffin83

k i got the wiring, the big 3 should be no problem and i will see how it sounds before dampening. the had unit shouldnt be a problem soo... hmm, the power wire should be ran from pos on the main battery to pos on the 2nd battery then to the amp with negative from 2nd battery ran to a good ground right?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

kinetik 1200 (under the hood)

kinetik 2400 (dedicated to the sub)

Mids and highs coming soon!

Yes, i would run 0 from Alternator - Battery - 2nd Battery - Amp

Always use fuses, 15$ in fuses is better than buying a new car.

Do 0 Gauge Grounds Everywhere You Can.

Engine-Frame

Frame-Body

Body-Battery

Frame-Battery

Can't have too many grounds IMO

one more thing... I have a btl 12 which the 2ohm version is actually 1.4 ohms, my amp is only 1 ohm stable so running in parallel would put the sub at 0.7 on a 1 ohm stable amp (which wont work right) then my amp will only push out 2200 watts at 1 ohm so will not be sufficient to push the btl? anyone know anything about this?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

one more thing... I have a btl 12 which the 2ohm version is actually 1.4 ohms, my amp is only 1 ohm stable so running in parallel would put the sub at 0.7 on a 1 ohm stable amp (which wont work right) then my amp will only push out 2200 watts at 1 ohm so will not be sufficient to push the btl? anyone know anything about this?

It'll work fine at .7 ohm.

Just wire like i told you the .7 will rise up called impedance rise. Just be careful with your gains and make sure you do not let you voltage fall below 12.8 or so. The amp should be safe maybe even a little lower but that's just pushing it, hook it all up if you have voltage drop with those batteries maybe back the gain off until you can get stronger batteries or an alternator. you never know until you hook it up though.

np at all, this all should be doable, will my amp running at 0.7 actually give my sub more power? the aq amps are supposed to run at 2500watts rms if it gets 16 volts rather than 14k. the guy that sold me the sub said he had it hitting at 143db with a similar setup. does this sound right with 1 12" btl?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

All depends on the box, the vehicle it's self, a lot of factors in spl. I would think it is possible to reach that if not higher.

In a very sound deadened CRX with tons of power it would do 146 or so i'm sure.

Don't worry about the numbers if you tuned to 30hz your wanting those murderous lows and music

thanks, I have a 150 amp alt a 1800 kinetik under the hood, a 2400 for the sub, in a box tuned to 30hz with an 80 inch port. It will be in an 05 cadillac sts (trunk isnt huge but not small either). If I like it as much as I think I will, I will put in another 12. Maybe 2 more if they will fit.

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

Archived