Tank's AMD Gaming rig

Nice rig, Looks similar to the one im going to be building in the next couple days once my mobo comes in. Im testing out one of Thermaltakes water cooling systems so Ill let you know how it works out, kind of a step between the corsair one and a true full water cooling system.

Thermaltake BigWater 760 but i picked it up for $130 off tiger direct but don't see it anymore.

Yeah price gets up there, just memory, cpu, cooling, mobo ran me a little over $600 (then microsoft said "bend over" and took another $300 >.>)

why would you buy a new AMD cpu, when next week bulldozer comes out... And scrap that nvidia Little GPU you're using for physics... Unless you play only a hand full of titles out there that support it, your bottlenecking your primary PCIe slot which was 16x till u filled in your secondary card and dropped your primary 16x down to 8x... the 870 chipset is not 16x 16x.... If im correct your now @ 8x 4x.. Even though 16x bandwidth and 8x bandwidth is only a smidge performance difference, id rather have full bandwidth for that bandwidth hungry 6950GPU (Which is about the best item in the build) Just some constructive criticism

actually this motherboard is 16x 4x so its not bottlenecking anything. and i didnt just build this rig. ive been building it over the past 2 years. the only thing thats really new in the rig is my video cards. everything else is almost a year old. I am planning on getting a new motherboard soon though. and i do play a few games that use physx thats why i bought it. but mainly i got it for Battlefield 3.

Edited by theTank77

Nice rig, Looks similar to the one im going to be building in the next couple days once my mobo comes in. Im testing out one of Thermaltakes water cooling systems so Ill let you know how it works out, kind of a step between the corsair one and a true full water cooling system.

Thermaltake BigWater 760 but i picked it up for $130 off tiger direct but don't see it anymore.

Yeah price gets up there, just memory, cpu, cooling, mobo ran me a little over $600 (then microsoft said "bend over" and took another $300 >.>)

yeh I was going to make a fully custom liquid cooling setup. and I pirated my copy of win7 right when it came out :) I got an OEM copy so it never goes bad :)

why would you buy a new AMD cpu, when next week bulldozer comes out...

From what it sounds like in the first post he's had it for a few months now. If he's been itching to build one, no point in waiting for some people. There's always gonna be bigger and better if you wait. Just sucks that it's not an AM3+ board that'll support Bulldozer.

This build oddly confuses me. The RAM situation with the 2 2GB and the 2 4GB is odd enough, but in the pic I only see 3 sticks of RAM. Is the 4th stick missing the heatsink?

How's the PhysX card running? I haven't seen an AMD card run with a dedicated PhysX card before, although it sounds like an interesting concept. I've also read stuff about how having a high-end Nvidia GPU as a main card and and a lower end Nvidia card just for PhysX can bottleneck the main card. Have you tested this at all.

GET AN SSD SON!!!

EDIT: Ninja'd by OP

Edited by Maxim

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

why would you buy a new AMD cpu, when next week bulldozer comes out...

From what it sounds like in the first post he's had it for a few months now. If he's been itching to build one, no point in waiting for some people. There's always gonna be bigger and better if you wait. Just sucks that it's not an AM3+ board that'll support Bulldozer.

This build oddly confuses me. The RAM situation with the 2 2GB and the 2 4GB is odd enough, but in the pic I only see 3 sticks of RAM. Is the 4th stick missing the heatsink?

How's the PhysX card running? I haven't seen an AMD card run with a dedicated PhysX card before, although it sounds like an interesting concept. I've also read stuff about how having a high-end Nvidia GPU as a main card and and a lower end Nvidia card just for PhysX can bottleneck the main card. Have you tested this at all.

GET AN SSD SON!!!

EDIT: Ninja'd by OP

yeh like I said though I'm planning on buying a new motherboard soon. and yeh about the ram i had the 2 2gb sticks to begin with then i bought the 4gb sticks after. and i took the heatsink off of one of the sticks because my original cooler Sythe ninja 3 was too big to have the heatsink on the stick closest to the cpu

this was my original setup

100_0805.jpg

i originally had two 5770s in crossfire but the problem was is my motherboard was bottlnecking the video cards and i was acutlly losing preformance. thats why i sold both of them and bought my 6950. and i really want to get an ssd but i cant afford one right now. because if i get one im getting at least a 256gb so i can have all my games and shit on it too. but i put that pic up just to show the cpu cooler i had before my h70

im not going to comment anymore in this thread, lots of things I would like to say, BUT WONT. G/L with this, hope it serves you well

Go comment on mine! ^_^

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121035-nzxt-gaming-desktop/

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

im not going to comment anymore in this thread, lots of things I would like to say, BUT WONT. G/L with this, hope it serves you well

Go comment on mine! ^_^

Nope :) I take PC's pretty seriously and sometimes people dont like what I say.. I know this industry all to well, and have been in several states competing in the OC'ing arena (06-07) Most people will argue back and forth with hardware debatable questions, and still not appreciate a "pro's" advice :lol:

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Go comment on mine! ^_^

Nope :) I take PC's pretty seriously and sometimes people dont like what I say.. I know this industry all to well, and have been in several states competing in the OC'ing arena (06-07) Most people will argue back and forth with hardware debatable questions, and still not appreciate a "pro's" advice :lol:

Aww. Well that's no fun! I understand what you're saying though. People go all out on one section of a build then skimp out on another. Gotta keep it balanced.

wtf is lolcats?