DC Sound Lab

175.4 Thermal Protect Troubleshooting

I would put it on a scope and make sure it can run at wide open with a clean signal

If you ship to me i can bench it thru its paces.

Maybe its something very small thats the issue

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Took a little drive today and the damn thing keeps overheating. 25 minutes, not even full volume, and it turns off. Wait 10 minutes, it turns back on but goes back off in a few minutes. I know amps get warm in warm weather, but seriously, this is an expensive 4-channel I can't even play for half an hour? Its in the trunk and but I put a fan back there with it. I should be able to run this thing maxed out for more than 25 minutes at a time.

Damn man, that sucks. My DAT 4.125 that's running my 8's bridged at 4 ohms isn't even that bad. Its more like an hour at full tilt b4 it will thermal.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

dumb question but I've noticed when I help people out local who have problems with overheating there ground is bad

could that be the case?

No chance. The amp is right next to my rear batts, grounded to the negative buss bar. I need to check the real time load on each channel, could be a comp crossover issue.

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I had that problem with my re audio amp so I got a new American bass 4 ch and it did the same thing so I tested the crossover for my driver side tweeter and it was toast. also had it happen with my 6.5 kickers don't know what was wrong with it but when i unhooked that one speaker never happened again on that setup

Hi SMD Members If anybody has computer problems and is an SMD member with at least 150 posts I will fix your problems for free by phone support or I can also fix your computer over the internet.... I have references such as All State insurance, Nationwide Insurance and much more... just p.m me for help.. I am not the greatest with when it comes to audio systems so I figured I could contribute to the forum this way.... Thanks David

I had that problem with my re audio amp so I got a new American bass 4 ch and it did the same thing so I tested the crossover for my driver side tweeter and it was toast. also had it happen with my 6.5 kickers don't know what was wrong with it but when i unhooked that one speaker never happened again on that setup

How did you test the crossover?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread