Mechman Alternators

Question about the AVBM?

ok so i will be running dual alts on my 07 newer body style tahoe(one stock for the truck, one 300 amp iraggi for the system)

the iraggi has the 4 pin oval plug, and i will only have the yellow wire hooked up to a 12v ignition source, plug seen here/

2011-09-27200701.jpg

Can i put a AVBM on this seperate alt?

Baiscally it just tells the alt what to charge at correct?

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

As long as the regulator functions as the OEM would then yes, you can run an AVBM on it.

Your secondary alternator on this application will need to charge a separate bank of batteries, do not connect it to your primary battery under the hood, only to your additional batteries.

As long as the regulator functions as the OEM would then yes, you can run an AVBM on it.

Your secondary alternator on this application will need to charge a separate bank of batteries, do not connect it to your primary battery under the hood, only to your additional batteries.

yes the AVBM will only be on the secondary alt, and will charge a d3400 for the system only.

The stock alt will remain just for the stock part of the truck

That should work just fine. We have a single-wire AVBM for this application available.

awesome! cause im oly using a single wore to turn the alt "on/off"

not sure what this iraggi 300 amp unit is regulated at, but id like to have the ability to adjust it

ill email yall soon when im ready to order, thanks :drinks: