Jump to content

8 track player ?


Recommended Posts

Posted

I am looking for a good looking 8 track player for my 51 Fleetline. I just don't know what brands look best. I am hoping someone knows about these things and can help me find on with some chrome, flat faced possibly with knobs on the front.

Posted

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOMAN-ASTROSONIX-FM-CAR-STEREO-8-TRACK-PLAYER-BM-I950-/260866816233?pt=Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item3cbcdfb8e9#ht_2850wt_890

I don't think there will be a lot of people on this board that can recommend a good 8 track player because they were not born yet. Last 8 track player I seen in a car was back in 1978 in an Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.

Posted

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOMAN-ASTROSONIX-FM-CAR-STEREO-8-TRACK-PLAYER-BM-I950-/260866816233?pt=Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item3cbcdfb8e9#ht_2850wt_890

I don't think there will be a lot of people on this board that can recommend a good 8 track player because they were not born yet. Last 8 track player I seen in a car was back in 1978 in an Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.

I am looking on ebay also but you never know. I was hoping someone would have something in the attic or something.lol

Posted

What I have seen done in classic cars is to have a false face with a 8 track player look but it flips down or can be pulled right off with a nice CD player behind it. That way you get the old look but the new sound.

Posted

What I have seen done in classic cars is to have a false face with a 8 track player look but it flips down or can be pulled right off with a nice CD player behind it. That way you get the old look but the new sound.

that's actually my plan! I want one with knobs so I can put mu hydraulic switches there with the knobs are and use the plastic knob it's self to cover the switch..

Posted

just going to point out that 8 track was not created until 64... so being in a 51.... might draw attention by a pissy judge if you ever show your car at an event... I think it would be cool

and yes, we install cd players in vehicles from wayback....

Also I have about 100 8 tracks in my attic, can't seem to get rid of them, they might make a come back.... :peepwall:

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

Posted

just going to point out that 8 track was not created until 64... so being in a 51.... might draw attention by a pissy judge if you ever show your car at an event... I think it would be cool

and yes, we install cd players in vehicles from wayback....

Also I have about 100 8 tracks in my attic, can't seem to get rid of them, they might make a come back.... :peepwall:

yeah, I don't really show the car, I hate judges. I win when I do though.lol Too much of a pain in the ass. I just wanted something cool in it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1081 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...