logitech Z-2300, New sub?

so i have a logitech z-2300.. im just guessing its 150Rms? but i was wondering if i could swap a different 8" Sub like a Rockford P1, or kicker 8" etc, just a low power 8" car audio sub, im guessing it would be louder cause this subs kind've toast anyway.. lol

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

get either the 8" cerwin vega ve series sub, or the 8" cerwin vega vega series.. that will bump. i think the kicker beats the rockford:D

Cerwin Vega <3 . When Bass Counts!

get either the 8" cerwin vega ve series sub, or the 8" cerwin vega vega series.. that will bump. i think the kicker beats the rockford:D

do you get paid on commission to sell cerwin vega?

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I say try it.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

nope man.. im just recommending a speaker. doesnt mean i get paid to do it.. maybe its why. i have cv system myself and im happy with it. if ur not. fine..

its just like u guys reccomending rockford or sundown. doesnt mean they get paid to say it..

Cerwin Vega <3 . When Bass Counts!

nope man.. im just recommending a speaker. doesnt mean i get paid to do it.. maybe its why. i have cv system myself and im happy with it. if ur not. fine..

its just like u guys reccomending rockford or sundown. doesnt mean they get paid to say it..

that's cool that you like it. but seriously you lose credibility when you're so biased. every time i've seen you reply to someone's question, if there is the slightest chance for you to recommend CV, you jump on it.

Example: a guy was trying to decide between 2 different PA speakers (neither of which were CV). without knowing anything else about the situation (what it would be used for, what research they had done, budget, etc.), you recommended a completely different product. in the OP's perspective, this kind of response is completely useless. In the sales world, this is called "sales suicide". you have not given them any reason to trust you.

go to just about any retail store with sales associates to help customers. say you're in a store looking for a new laptop.

Associate 1:

say you go up to this associate and say, "i'm looking for a new laptop, can you help me?" the associate then takes you over to a $1200 MacBook. he tells you "This macbook is an awesome laptop, it has a webcam, garageband, a really long battery life, and a lot of internal memory so you can save a lot of stuff"

Associate 2"

you tell them "i'm looking for a new laptop, can you help me?" the associate responds by saying, "certainly! what kind of things are you looking to do with it?". you and the associate converse for a little while and through some small talk and a few questions he discovers your needs. at the end of this transaction you walk out completely satisfied with the computer you got and you only spent $400.

i don't know about you, but i'd be more likely to listen to associate 2 if he told me i needed something extra with my laptop, as opposed to associate 1, i'd feel like he was just trying to get more money out of me. a little thing called trust is very important.

i'm not saying you can't ever recommend CV, and i'm certainly not saying i'm not guilty of the same crime, but ask a few need discovery questions before you jump to such conclusions.

sorry to be an ass and threadjack, but i can't stand to see this stuff

/end rant

/end threadjack

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

you could go eigther way. I would prolly go with the kicker. Rockford is great but i think you will get better sound with kicker.

2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback

Pioneer HU

4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar.

2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts)

Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon)

Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400

Sky High and KNU wiring

3 Banks of Maxwell caps 

Winston Lithium (not a fan)

Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators

Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log

Instagram @p4linnovation

YouTube: Team Blowin Loud 

you could go eigther way. I would prolly go with the kicker. Rockford is great but i think you will get better sound with kicker.

i'm afraid i'd have to disagree, the kicker would most likely get louder than the logitech and the rockford, but as for better sound the rockford will win imo.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I suggest the Tang Band W8

kinda expensive but a great sounding driver

i believe that Tang Band makes Logitechs higher end subs like the 5500 but im not too sure on that

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build