Sonic Electronix

ok. in your situation, i would do this........ change the "rear" rca outputs from headunit into subwoofer outputs. I would run a single set of rca's from the front output with a splitter on the end of each front rca channel to create four rca leads into the 4 channel amplifier. I would run the mid and highs off of the 4 channel amplifier. I would then run a set of rca's from the subwoofer outputs that you created instead of having rear outputs, to the subwoofer amplifier. Eliminates any need for a processor and creates a true front stage/subwoofer stage via the headunit outputs. which is exactly what is presented with the speaker positioning in the vehicle. just my .02

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

ok. in your situation, i would do this........ change the "rear" rca outputs from headunit into subwoofer outputs. I would run a single set of rca's from the front output with a splitter on the end of each front rca channel to create four rca leads into the 4 channel amplifier. I would run the mid and highs off of the 4 channel amplifier. I would then run a set of rca's from the subwoofer outputs that you created instead of having rear outputs, to the subwoofer amplifier. Eliminates any need for a processor and creates a true front stage/subwoofer stage via the headunit outputs. which is exactly what is presented with the speaker positioning in the vehicle. just my .02

Oh crap good point, i didnt even think to lookup the radio to see if it had front, rear or sub outputs. If it does i would use like you said with the rear being for the sub and the front being for the doors.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Great response , I also hate if u have to ask don't do it , I'd like for once in life for me to ask about something and Somone give that remark to me face to face !! I'd pay for Somone too !!

Pfft. I'll tell you for free.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

Awesome...thats how I was thinking to begin with before I started overthinking it, so thank you for your 2 cents...this really sounds like the "easiest" route. I was only concerened about the splitters degrading the signal, but I have been reading around since I posted this thread and it looks like if it affected SQ at all I wouldnt notice it anyway. Whats cool with the way you described is that I can still fade in order to match front stage to rear stage to my liking...correct?

Thanks for the knowledge guys.....I really appreciate it!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- Kenwood KVT-514 and KNA-G510 Navigation

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

Yes you would have the fade control on your headunit. If you hooked it up like i mentioned you would not have fade only balance so if your mids were too loud and you turned it down, your sub would turn down as well. With it being like eagle mentioned, if you have too much mids and highs you can set the fader to go toward the rear and have less mids and highs but the same amount of bass. I would personally do it this way if you can as like you said it is a hell of a lot easier and you will get a little more control over it, plus with my old headunit i had the rear channel had extra features for bass control since it was supposed to be used on subwoofer amps.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Great response , I also hate if u have to ask don't do it , I'd like for once in life for me to ask about something and Somone give that remark to me face to face !! I'd pay for Somone too !!

Pfft. I'll tell you for free.

I was gonna ask how much he would pay......I could use the extra cash LOL!!

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500

look at kick ass audio's last response...... and i guess to the question.... no, you don't need a processor. unless you wanted more detailed and fine controls over the acoustics being reproduced.

Loud as f*ck, and sounds good doing it.

Team built from here on out!!!!

BIG things to come.........

Missing link is the shite!!!

SMDMafiaEagleScorpio1.jpg

bannerfans_8aed9634.png

yes, my 3sixty.2 is not something the average guy needs in their vehicle. I bought mine so i could have fine tuned adjustments and have a perfectly sounding system and have the crossover points right down to the point and the time delay feature with it to make it sound even better. If i had the expensive tool steve has called the "x-adjust" which will tell you what your subsonic, lowpass, highpass, etc are all set at on your amp i would probably have just said screw it with my 3sixty the first time around but then i would have bought it for the eq control and the time delay.

look at kick ass audio's last response...... and i guess to the question.... no, you don't need a processor. unless you wanted more detailed and fine controls over the acoustics being reproduced.

Nope, I'm perfectly happy with the way you guys explained it. I was only thinking a processor because I was concerned about degredating the signal by splitting it. I think it will sound just fine with the HU and amp filters.

1998 SS/T Ram Build Log

- 2 DC Level 3 12"

- Components???

- Sundown ???

- Sundown???

- Knu Konceptz

- Second Skin Dampy Pro

- XS D6500